Can you say the name of the colour?(Test)

  • Thread starter Thread starter kraphysics
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
16 replies · 4K views
kraphysics
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
I found this test online that supposedly tests if one is right or left brained. The test goes like this: If you manage to say the name of the colour easily and not the word, you are right brained and if you can't, you're left brained.
Here is the test: http://www.fireworkspop.com/colortest.htm

I found it really easy. I got 100% but was surprised to find out that apparently none of my friends could do well on it.

I think the above test might be too easy. A better one is here: http://www.clevelandseniors.com/images/funny/colortest-450.jpg
Can you say the name of the colour reading the list without messing up? I can do it really easily and fast!
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I got 88%, and cannot read through that image coherently in one breadth.
 
What about if you read the word and select the option which is NOT that word? I didn't even bother with the colors
 
Office_Shredder said:
What about if you read the word and select the option which is NOT that word? I didn't even bother with the colors

But it should such that you see color not read the word. I could get 100% but I had to think for a second before clicking on the right answer.
 
Great test! Once I actually read the instructions I got 100%.
 
I like Serena said:
Has anyone succeeded in getting 0%?
:smile:
I was headed there until I realized I wasn't following directions. :redface: Of course I just woke up and haven't even had my coffee yet.

"Go left, NO, your OTHER left!
 
I like Serena said:
Has anyone succeeded in getting 0%?
:smile:
I made an Evo Flaw on my first attempt, and got 0%.
Then I read the instructions and got 88%
 
First I made 0% by doing things the evo-way, the second time I managed to get 100%. I didn't even bother with colors, I simply selected the answer that was not the word..
 
I like Serena said:
Has anyone succeeded in getting 0%?
:smile:
Yes.
 
The first test is too easy. Try the second link and see if you guys can say the name of the colours without messing up even once! Most people have trouble with that test.
 
That second test, its much easier if you do it backwards. Going forward, if you can look at the last letter of each word, or look at one portion of one of the letters, its easy. The trouble begins when you read the word (despite trying not to) as you look at the word.
 
I managed to get 88% without reading instructions .. I didn't know what I was doing (I wasn't consistent in my answers, I answered like 1 or 2 questions with words and then I started answering rest with color)!
 
i get 100%, but i have to switch my thinking from reading to recognizing the color