Cauldrons of the Giants: Hell in Espedalen

  • Thread starter Thread starter arildno
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
10,165
Reaction score
138
Here is a picture from one of the weirdest natural attractions in Norway; the giant pot-holes in Hell (Helvete), Espedalen, called "Cauldrons of the Giants") (jettegryter) in Norwegian.

Hell is here, as in the abode of the Devil, and the whole area is riddled with natural phenomena like this:

http://www.bjornsonvegen.com/bilder/helvete_naturpark.jpg

I've been there once when I was about 10, I'd love to re-visit it sometime..
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a couple of winter pictures from there:
[PLAIN]http://media.tellus.no/images/?p=599&d=277&t=1

http://www.gudbrandsdalen.no/ImageArchive/helvete.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
arildno said:
Here is a picture from one of the weirdest natural attractions in Norway; the giant pot-holes in Hell (Helvete), Espedalen, called "Cauldrons of the Giants") (jettegryter) in Norwegian.

Hell is here, as in the abode of the Devil, and the whole area is riddled with natural phenomena like this:

http://www.bjornsonvegen.com/bilder/helvete_naturpark.jpg

I've been there once when I was about 10, I'd love to re-visit it sometime..

There must be some thing i am missing :confused:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's deep, very deep, and lots of steep montainsides.
Very fun place to be climb around. :smile:

Perhaps it's a Norwegian thing..
 
arildno said:
It's deep, very deep, and lots of steep montainsides.
Very fun place to be climb around. :smile:

Perhaps it's a Norwegian thing..

How big is it, it is hard to judge.
 
Looks cool, but I don't get the impression of the size from the pic neither.

Edit: do the giants cook you if you fall in?