Centre of gravity of a submerged body?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
derRoboter
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi guys,

I can't get my head around the centre of mass of a submerged body at all. the notes I've been given don't actually state how you calculate the centre of mass of the submerged body at all and just state it with no decernable pattern. I did assume that it was the centre of mass of that which is not submerged but that doesn't seem to be the case according to some of the diagrams I've been provided with.

how do i find this point?

Cheers
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Why would the center of mass of an object have anything to do with whether or not it is submerged or above ground or in outer space?
 
Perhaps you are thinking of the center of buoyancy, not center of mass?