Chicago: New Views of the Universe (Dec 8-13,2005)

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter robphy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Universe
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
7,534
Reaction score
3,056
http://newviews.uchicago.edu/overview.html
Cosmological discoveries of the past 10 years have revolutionized our view of the Universe. The KICP Inaugural Symposium "New Views of the Universe" will focus on a broad range of topics from particle physics and cosmology of the early universe to structure formation in the local Universe. The Symposium aims to bring together cosmologists, particle physicists, astrophysicists, and astronomers from around the world to discuss the current status and the future of theory, experiments, and observations at the particle physics - cosmology interface. The Symposium will also honor the memory of David Schramm who was a pioneer in research at the interface of cosmology and particle physics.
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Yeah, a lot of the grad students here are going to that conference. Unfortunately, I have other obligations this week, but it looks like it'll be a good one. I think the WMAP team had originally intended to present some of their new results at this conference, but the release has been delayed again. Word is, however, that it's going to happen very soon.
 
Looks like a nice conference...although I will have some minor trouble with getting there in time:-p
Btw, is this one something you over there could recommend?
http://www.physics.ucla.edu/hep/dm06/dm06.htm
Anyone been to it before?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
EL said:
Btw, is this one something you over there could recommend?

It certainly looks like it would be good, if their advisory committee is any indication. Those are some pretty big names.
 
SpaceTiger said:
It certainly looks like it would be good, if their advisory committee is any indication. Those are some pretty big names.

Yeap, I recognize/have listened to some of them.
We'll see how I'll do. It would be nice, but as always it's about money too...so I want to be sure it's worth it.