Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chicago: New Views of the Universe (Dec 8-13,2005)

1. Dec 8, 2005 #1

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

http://newviews.uchicago.edu/overview.html

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 8, 2005 #2

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, a lot of the grad students here are going to that conference. Unfortunately, I have other obligations this week, but it looks like it'll be a good one. I think the WMAP team had originally intended to present some of their new results at this conference, but the release has been delayed again. Word is, however, that it's going to happen very soon.

4. Dec 8, 2005 #3

EL

Science Advisor

Looks like a nice conference...although I will have some minor trouble with getting there in time:tongue:
    Btw, is this one something you over there could recommend?
    http://www.physics.ucla.edu/hep/dm06/dm06.htm
    Anyone been to it before?

5. Dec 8, 2005 #4

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It certainly looks like it would be good, if their advisory committee is any indication. Those are some pretty big names.

6. Dec 8, 2005 #5

EL

Science Advisor

Yeap, I recognize/have listened to some of them.
    We'll see how I'll do. It would be nice, but as always it's about money too...so I want to be sure it's worth it.

7. Dec 8, 2005 #6
    A pretty comprehensive spectrum of views, almost a new Universe!.. perspective that is.

Amazing , just a glance at the abstracts tells me it will be a worthwhile Symposium, great stuff.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?