Thinking about hiring a chocolate fondue fountain

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Friends
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
12 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
But wolram, I already have one of these!

http://www.chefscatalog.com/images/catalog/large/20321_lg.jpg

It may be smaller than what you have (oh dear, this is now beginning to sound like my chocolate fondue fountain is bigger than your chocolate fondue fountain), but I am seriously considering having that on for the next PF Unofficial Gathering in Chicago this March.

:)

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you have one of those the ladies will visit. :approve:
 
Can I come as well?
 
Awww Wolram, you don't need anything special to tempt me to come over. :smile:
 
Evo said:
Awww Wolram, you don't need anything special to tempt me to come over. :smile:

Yipppe, my heart is pounding:biggrin: but will you need an hot water bottle:cry:
 
arildno said:
Can I come as well?

I would welcome all PFers, i just hope you will all forgive the sparsness of my cott.
 
ZapperZ said:
But wolram, I already have one of these!

http://www.chefscatalog.com/images/catalog/large/20321_lg.jpg

It may be smaller than what you have (oh dear, this is now beginning to sound like my chocolate fondue fountain is bigger than your chocolate fondue fountain), but I am seriously considering having that on for the next PF Unofficial Gathering in Chicago this March.

:)

Zz.
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My boss went to a party where they had one of these things, and she said somehow it had gotten clogged with chocolate and it BLEW UP!111
 
Math Is Hard said:
My boss went to a party where they had one of these things, and she said somehow it had gotten clogged with chocolate and it BLEW UP!111

The cheap ones do not have a very good heater control. You can get the cheap ones for less than ... oh, $60 or so. If the fountain recommends that you melt your chocolate FIRST before pouring it into the fountain, chances are it doesn't have a good heater to maintain the chocolate in liquid form.

Also, someone people just throw chucks of chocolate into the fountain to replenish it after it has started running. That's a complete no-no.

Zz.
 
Math Is Hard said:
My boss went to a party where they had one of these things, and she said somehow it had gotten clogged with chocolate and it BLEW UP!111

Truth be told, I'd welcome being caught in that blast.
 
Zapper, my boss did mention that the party host had purchased the fountain, so I believe it was one of the less expensive models. Probably didn't have the best heater, like you said.

Matthyaouw, it sounded kinda fun to me, too, but the problem was that the host was throwing a rather formal dinner party, and well.. I'm sure a few dry cleaning bills were to him sent in the week following! Still, I'm sure the guests will be talking about that party for years. It would have made a perfect "Three Stooges" scene!