Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chocolates for your sweetie - only $2000 a pound

1. Feb 13, 2010 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 13, 2010 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Unless there are $2,000 in gold coins in that chocolate...NO.

Like the old saying goes "A fool and their money are soon parted."

4. Feb 13, 2010 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

If I say my chocolate is worth $2000 a pound, how much can I sell before people stop buying it for the novelty?

5. Feb 13, 2010 #4
    What I like about the story is that they sent a reporter who doesn't like chocolate to comment on the taste. Their next story will involve sending a beer drinker to comment on the wines of Napa.

6. Feb 13, 2010 #5
    For 2000 dollars a pound it better listen to my girlfriend complain, rub my back, and cook me dinner!

7. Feb 13, 2010 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

What killed me is the part where they show normal homestyle candy making and call it "labor intense" and claims it justifies the cost. BUWAHAHA. I do not pity the morons that pay for this stuff.

8. Feb 13, 2010 #7
    Man is that stuff delicious. Every time I do something wrong, I get a pound for my wife to make up for it. Lately she's been very picky so I had to hock the yacht. But it's worth it, every time I get her a pound, she lets me have a piece.

9. Feb 13, 2010 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: For $2000 a pound, it better come with the engagement ring packaged with it!

10. Feb 24, 2010 #9

turbo

Gold Member

Want a nice chocolate fix for cheap? My wife picked up a tub of Harry London Cookie Joys (mint chocolate flavor). They are milk chocolate and dark chocolate with crunchy cookie pieces. Addictive! The mint flavoring is not as overwhelming as a Junior Mint, the chocolate flavor is richer, and the crunchy parts are great.

She paid $1.50 for a 7 oz box and they are well worth it. Of course, she bought them at a store known for offering over-stocks at deep discounts, including food, candies, condiments, etc.

11. Feb 24, 2010 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As far as Tsu and I are concerned, chocolate doesn't get any better than Nirvana Belgian Chocolate. It sells for about $44 a pound.
    http://www.nirvanachocolates.com/

We sampled every chocolate that we could get in Europe before landing on Nirvana.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook