Choosing the Right College for a Physician: MIT vs. Cambridge

In summary: Hello guys,i am 16 years old and i love physics...I want to become a physician and i was wondering what is the best college to apply for when the right time comes.I am between MIT and University of Cambridge .. I also want to know how hard is to get accepted to those two or what's the qualifications !Thank youThe best college to apply for when the right time comes is whatever makes you happy. You should research each college and decide what is the best fit for you.
nikos korn
Hello guys,i am 16 years old and i love physics...I want to become a physician and i was wondering what is the best college to apply for when the right time comes.I am between MIT and University of Cambridge .. I also want to know how hard is to get accepted to those two or what's the qualifications !
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
First, I'll assume you mean a Physicist, since a Physician is a doctor and that has nothing to do with Physics.

Don't expect to get into those colleges. It is definitely possible and depending on how good you are may even be pretty likely, but don't rely on it. Apart from being VERY expensive, they are among the hardest to get into in the world, especially for Physics. You know how choosy moms choose Jif? Cambridge and MIT are even choosier. 98th or 99th perecentile SAT scores will be common among those who do get in, but past that I don't know exactly what the qualifications are.

To address the main question, there is no best college. There are many factors beyond a college's prestige, like cost and location and chance of admission. Thoroughly research all aspects of colleges you would think about going to. Good Luck!

nikos korn said:
Hello guys,i am 16 years old and i love physics...<snip>.I am between MIT and University of Cambridge .. <snip.
Thank you

So you are somewhere in the North Atlantic ;) ?

Last edited:
nikos korn said:
Hello guys,i am 16 years old and i love physics...I want to become a physician and i was wondering what is the best college to apply for when the right time comes.I am between MIT and University of Cambridge .. I also want to know how hard is to get accepted to those two or what's the qualifications !
Thank you
You should write to both institutions and ask for admissions information. They should respond with the necessary qualifications and admissions forms to fill out and return should you decide to pursue it.

Competition for admission is intense and you should realize that these two institutions accept only a fraction of those applying for admission.

Why not just check the webpage and/or do a search on admissions and then ask more specific questions?

Likes Niflheim

What is the difference between MIT and Cambridge for aspiring physicians?

MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) is a prestigious university known for its strong focus on science and technology. It offers a rigorous curriculum and opportunities for research and innovation. Cambridge, on the other hand, is a historic university with a strong reputation in medicine and healthcare. It offers a well-rounded education with a focus on liberal arts and humanities in addition to science and medicine.

Which college would be better for a future physician?

The answer to this question depends on the individual's personal preferences and goals. MIT may be a better choice for those interested in pursuing a career in medical research or technology, while Cambridge may be a better fit for those interested in a more traditional medical education with a strong emphasis on patient care and clinical experience.

What are the admissions requirements for MIT and Cambridge for aspiring physicians?

Both MIT and Cambridge have highly competitive admissions processes for aspiring physicians. They typically look for applicants with a strong academic background, high test scores, and a demonstrated interest in science and medicine through extracurricular activities, research, and volunteer work.

What is the cost difference between MIT and Cambridge for aspiring physicians?

The cost of attending MIT or Cambridge for aspiring physicians may vary depending on individual circumstances such as financial aid, scholarships, and residency status. Generally, MIT may have a higher tuition and cost of living compared to Cambridge, but both universities offer financial aid and scholarship opportunities to help students with the cost.

What are the career opportunities after graduating from MIT or Cambridge for aspiring physicians?

Graduates from both MIT and Cambridge have a wide range of career opportunities in the field of medicine. MIT graduates may have more opportunities in medical research, technology, and innovation, while Cambridge graduates may have more opportunities in clinical practice, teaching, and healthcare administration. Ultimately, the career path will depend on the individual's interests and goals.