Closest image of Titan shows atmosphere and surface features

  • Thread starter Thread starter marcus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Titan
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Be interesting to see later images. There appears to be a good deal of atmospheric activity. Hard to tell what might be surface features vs cloud formations.
 
I'm thinking the atmosphere appears to be fairly transparent because the pictures were taken in infrared. I think in the visible specturm it's just a thick, orange haze.
 
I'm not particularly interested in any data until the Huygens probe actually enters the atmosphere. THAT'S going to be exciting. Cool! - they quoted my friend Kevin in the article. I am going to have to bug him about the pictures. I was expecting ethane oceans to be apparent from the images.