CNN Hires Trump's Campaign Manager

• News
  • Thread starter RooksAndBooks
  • Start date
In summary: Many formerly hard partisan poltical operatives or government employees join the TV news programs.George Stephanopoulos of ABC news was a senior executive in both the Bill Clinton campaign and White House, has donated $75k to the Clinton Foundation, and quotes himself in his autobiography as telling Mrs Clinton, "I love you".Chuck Todd of NBC worked on Sen Harkin's (D-IO) 1992 presidential campaign.Chris Mathews of MSNBC worked on the staffs of several Democratic Congressmen and then served as Chief of Staff for Speaker of the House Tip Oneil.The brother of White House NSC official Ben Rhodes is the president of CBS News, David Rhodes.CNN deputy bureau chief, Virginia M
RooksAndBooks
Gold Member
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cnn-hires-corey-lewandowski_us_576c2cece4b0aa4dc3d4cac8

The purpose of this thread is to discuss whether or not you think this was a good choice and to also discuss Corey Lewandowski in general. I initially thought that this news event was satirical in nature, but in fact it is not--well, nowhere on the page does it say "satire" or "satirical" in it anyway so I assume it's a true story. In my opinion, this decision can be described as no less than malapropos due to his unscrupulous behavior in regards to the media.

What are your thoughts on this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well of course it is a good idea to hire him, but there is the complication that he not be able to say anything interesting due to his (assumed) NDA with Trump.

I never watch mainstream news. If they want to hire celebrities to do the news, why should I care?

Hornbein said:
I never watch mainstream news. If they want to hire celebrities to do the news, why should I care?
He's not a celebrity, he's a career political advisor.

What is your concern? That a news organization is hiring a former political advisor or functionary? If so, why now? Or that they are specifically hiring someone who used to work for Trump? What's the objection there? Surely not that anyone who ever worked for Trump should never be allowed to feed his family again.

russ_watters said:
Well of course it is a good idea to hire him, but there is the complication that he not be able to say anything interesting due to his (assumed) NDA with Trump.

russ, why would it be a good idea to hire him if he can't say anything interesting due to his NDA with respect to Trump? Presumably CNN hired him for his ratings potential as a former Trump advisor.

StatGuy2000 said:
russ, why would it be a good idea to hire him if he can't say anything interesting due to his NDA with respect to Trump? Presumably CNN hired him for his ratings potential as a former Trump advisor.
I guess CNN thinks he'll get the ratings whether or not he can say anything interesting.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss whether or not you think this was a good choice and to also discuss Corey Lewandowski in general. I initially thought that this news event was satirical in nature, ...
Why would you think the story of the move to CNN satirical?

Many formerly hard partisan poltical operatives or government employees join the TV news programs. George Stephanopoulos of ABC news was a senior executive in both the Bill Clinton campaign and White House, has donated $75k to the Clinton Foundation, and quotes himself in his autobiography as telling Mrs Clinton, "I love you". Chuck Todd of NBC worked on Sen Harkin's (D-IO) 1992 presidential campaign. Chris Mathews of MSNBC worked on the staffs of several Democratic Congressmen and then served as Chief of Staff for Speaker of the House Tip Oneil. The brother of White House NSC official Ben Rhodes is the president of CBS News, David Rhodes. CNN deputy bureau chief, Virginia Moseley, is married to Hillary Clinton’s deputy, Tom Nides.

Last edited:
Rio Larsen said:
What are your thoughts on this?

Really confused; quite honestly ...

OP has vanished, thus too should the thread ...

Vanadium 50 said:
What is your concern? That a news organization is hiring a former political advisor or functionary? If so, why now? Or that they are specifically hiring someone who used to work for Trump? What's the objection there? Surely not that anyone who ever worked for Trump should never be allowed to feed his family again.

I already stated why. "In my opinion, this decision can be described as no less than malapropos due to his unscrupulous behavior in regards to the media." In the article, it shows another article of his dealings with other media sources. I don't completely object to the idea of him getting a job, I just think it's weird for CNN to hire him even with his aforementioned unscrupulous behavior in regards to the media.

Last edited:
mheslep said:
Why would you think the story of the move to CNN satirical?

Many formerly hard partisan poltical operatives or government employees join the TV news programs. George Stephanopoulos of ABC news was a senior executive in both the Bill Clinton campaign and White House, has donated $75k to the Clinton Foundation, and quotes himself in his autobiography as telling Mrs Clinton, "I love you". Chuck Todd of NBC worked on Sen Harkin's (D-IO) 1992 presidential campaign. Chris Mathews of MSNBC worked on the staffs of several Democratic Congressmen and then served as Chief of Staff for Speaker of the House Tip Oneil. The brother of White House NSC official Ben Rhodes is the president of CBS News, David Rhodes. CNN deputy bureau chief, Virginia Moseley, is married to Hillary Clinton’s deputy, Tom Nides.

"Why would you think the story of the move to CNN satirical?" I don't think it should/would, I just stated that--perhaps unnecessarily--to establish that it seems like a serious article and I'm not taking something seriously in an inappropriate time.

mheslep said:
OP has vanished, thus too should the thread ...

But I'm here, I haven't capriciously abandoned this thread. :cry:

Rio Larsen said:
I already stated why. "In my opinion, this decision can be described as no less than malapropos due to his unscrupulous behavior in regards to the media." In the article, it shows another article of his dealings with other media sources. I don't completely object to the idea of him getting a job, I just think it's weird for CNN to hire him even with his aforementioned unscrupulous behavior in regards to the media.
I don't understand what one thing has to do with the other: why would his unscrupulous behavior toward the media (your charge, I won't object) be a reason for a media outlet to decline to hire him?

What is the significance of CNN hiring Trump's campaign manager?

The significance of CNN hiring Trump's campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, is that it has sparked controversy and raised questions about the objectivity and credibility of the news network. Lewandowski has a history of aggressive behavior and controversy during his time as Trump's campaign manager, which has led to concerns about his ability to provide unbiased reporting.

Will Lewandowski's past ties to Trump affect his role at CNN?

It is possible that Lewandowski's past ties to Trump may affect his role at CNN, as it may call into question his ability to provide unbiased and objective reporting. However, CNN has stated that Lewandowski will not be involved in any coverage or analysis of the Trump campaign, and will instead focus on providing political commentary on other topics.

How will this hiring impact CNN's reputation as a news network?

The impact of this hiring on CNN's reputation remains to be seen. Some may view it as a bold move to diversify their pool of political commentators, while others may see it as compromising their objectivity as a news network. Only time and viewership numbers will truly determine the effects on CNN's reputation.

What experience does Lewandowski have in journalism or media?

Lewandowski does not have any prior experience in journalism or media. He has primarily worked in politics, serving as a campaign manager for various political candidates. This lack of experience in the media industry has also been a point of criticism for CNN's decision to hire him as a political commentator.

Are there any conflicts of interest with Lewandowski's new role at CNN?

Some may argue that there are potential conflicts of interest with Lewandowski's new role at CNN, as he still maintains close ties to the Trump campaign and has signed a non-disclosure agreement with the campaign. This could potentially limit his ability to provide unbiased commentary on political topics, especially those related to Trump.