Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

COMSOL - M-file with unnecessary entries

1. Dec 5, 2008 #1
    Hello everybody!

I have the problem that my comsol generated m-files contain a lot of repeating entries and old values which have been changed in the process of creating the *.mph-file.

Comsol writes in the knowlege base:
    "When saving a model as an M-file it contains by default all the command history. This makes the file dense and not easy to work with. Using the reset option under the file menu makes the script clear as it only keeps the commands that correspond to the current model."

I am already doing it like this, I am using the reset model option, but still the m-file is unstructured because of unnecessary entries.

How can one get rid of these? Thanks!

Best regards,
    DJ_Goodnews.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2009 #2
    Hi,

(..."Using the reset option under the file menu makes the script clear as it only keeps the commands that correspond to the current model." ..)

I got an message from the Comsol support. They state, that the "reset option" does not clear the complete history.

Since I got no answers so far, Iwoulde be interested if anyone has the same problem?

And how people in general you work with the skript.
    -Do you start from scratch? Or convert a mph. to an m-file ? ...
    -Any suggestions, how to get along with the script?

Cheers,
    DJ_GoodNews

4. Jan 9, 2009 #3

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, the reset is what it is in terms of cleaning the m - file. Haven't come up with any other way than to mix text editors with highlighting and scripting to script m - files (i.e. generate m - files using python/perl so don't have to repeat everything every time or resort to too much copy - pasting). So essentially from scratch.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?