Congratulations jgraber (occasional Beyond forum visitor)

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary, James Graber sometimes comes here and makes helpful intelligent posts. he was around yesterday or the day before just reading I think. I have learned from his posts.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
James Graber sometimes comes here and makes helpful intelligent posts. he was around yesterday or the day before just reading I think. I have learned from his posts.
So congratulations to him for what must be a pretty usual thing, publishing a paper:

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0604080
Performing a theoretically robust Ryan test using intermediate-mass black holes
James S. Graber
Poster paper presented at GWDAW-10 10th Gravitational Wave Data Analysis Workshop. Submitted to Classical & Quantum Gravity

"We investigate the possibility of using binary IMBH inspirals to perform the Ryan test of general relativity in a theoretically robust manner using data from early in the detectable part of the inspiral. We find this to be feasible and compute the masses of the most favourable systems."

best wishes generally to the working physicists in our PF crowd here!
it is their work that makes life entertaining for the rest of us who like to learn and comment----and as Fabien Benard said on Peter Woits blog one time: advances the glory of the human mind:smile:

well, it does. Every bit helps.

=====================

OK so this is about detecting hiccups and burp of the gravitational field, things caused now and then when

like two toilets flushing each other down themselves

two black holes spiral in together and merge.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thankyou very much for noticing my small contribution.
Perhaps I will try to repay by summarizing my recollections of relevant sessions at the recent APS meeting, which is the main reason I did not notice this and reply earlier.
Jim Graber

jgraber said:
Thankyou very much for noticing my small contribution.
Perhaps I will try to repay by summarizing my recollections of relevant sessions at the recent APS meeting, which is the main reason I did not notice this and reply earlier.
Jim Graber

that would be interesting and delightful.
BTW if convenient, please mention a session at the APS meeting having to do with quantum gravity, string, unification, or extensions of the standard model of particle physics

(as well as the session having to do directly with your paper)

otherwise a stickler for correctness might insist on having the thread moved to Gen Rel forum.

What is the significance of "Congratulations jgraber (occasional Beyond forum visitor)"?

This is a phrase that is often seen on the Beyond forum, which is a community for LEGO robotics enthusiasts. It is a way to congratulate a user named jgraber for contributing to the forum and helping others with their projects.

Who is jgraber and why is he congratulated?

Jgraber is a user on the Beyond forum who has been active in the community for many years. He is known for providing helpful and informative responses to questions and sharing his knowledge and experience with others. He is congratulated for his contributions to the forum and for being a valuable member of the community.

How did jgraber become an "occasional Beyond forum visitor"?

Jgraber's username on the Beyond forum is "occasional". This is a reference to his initial participation in the forum, where he would only visit and post occasionally. However, over time, he became more active and involved in the community, earning the respect and admiration of other users.

Is jgraber a real person or a bot?

Jgraber is a real person. He is a scientist and educator who is passionate about LEGO robotics and helping others learn and explore with these tools. He has been a member of the Beyond forum since its early days and has made a significant impact on the community.

Can I also become a "Congratulations jgraber (occasional Beyond forum visitor)"?

Absolutely! The phrase "Congratulations jgraber (occasional Beyond forum visitor)" is used as a way to recognize and appreciate active and helpful members of the Beyond forum. If you contribute to the forum and make a positive impact on the community, you may also receive this congratulatory message from other users.