Could You Carry Away a Million Dollars in One Dollar Bills?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 5K views
tribdog
Messages
779
Reaction score
17
If I had a million dollars in one dollar bills and said you can have it if you can carry it away would you get my money?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
tribdog said:
If I had a million dollars in one dollar bills and said you can have it if you can carry it away would you get my money?
Can I bring a pick-up truck? :biggrin: I just want to see the teller's expression when I deposit it.
 
damn, I forgot to say no nerd answers. no you can't bring a pick up truck
 
"How much does $1 million weigh? That would depend on the denomination of the bills you use. Since there are 490 notes in a pound, if you used $1 bills it would weigh 2,040.8 pounds, but if you used $100 bills it would weigh only 20.4 pounds."


Ans: Hell no. If it were in 100's, yes.
 
that's why I stipulated one dollar bills in the original problem. I'm sure you caught that right away though and just gave the answer you gave to be thorough, being the mythbuster you are
 
If I had all those bills, I would stuff it in my bed, and make sweet love to it.
 
tribdog said:
If I had a million dollars in one dollar bills and said you can have it if you can carry it away would you get my money?


If I had a million dollars,
I'd buy a you a green dress,
But not a real green dress, that's cruel.
 
If I had a million dollars,
I'd buy you furniture for your house,
Maybe a nice Chesterfield, or an Ottoman!
 
russ_watters said:
If I had a million dollars
I'd hire people to write me better lyrics.
The lyrics are funny ... especially the last line.

A million dollars would put you in the top 1% asset-wise. If you decided to live on it while making sure the principal increased with inflation, you'd get around 50,000 a year.
 
russ_watters said:
If I had a million dollars
I'd hire people to write me better lyrics.


If I had a million dollars
I'd build a tree fort in our yard
If I had million dollars
You could help, it wouldn't be that hard
If I had million dollars
Maybe we could put like a little tiny fridge in there somewhere
You know, we could just go up there and hang out
Like open the fridge and stuff
There would already be laid out foods for us
Like little pre-wrapped sausages and things

They have pre-wrapped sausages but they don't have pre-wrapped bacon
Well, can you blame 'em
Uh, yeah
 
tribdog said:
If I had a million dollars in one dollar bills and said you can have it if you can carry it away would you get my money?
i'd say let me try, and just grab whatever i could and run away from you really fast.