Curiosity killed the cat - But satisfaction brought him back

• Thread starter AtomicNixon
  • Start date
AtomicNixon
Looking forwards to filling some gaps in my knowledge-base and having my own pet theories shredded to pieces by those who actually know what they're talking about. As to what I can contribute to this forum, how about a tongue-twister?

"The business in bismuth was brisk on the isthmus."

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums AtomicNixon. Be careful with the pet theories. There are many here who will help you to understand where you are lacking but, personal theories and questions of the form "Here's my theory, prove me wrong" are not acceptable on the forum. Please check out the Terms and Rules on the INFO tab.
Speculative or Personal Theories:
Physics Forums is not intended as an alternative to the usual professional venues for discussion and review of new ideas, e.g. personal contacts, conferences, and peer review before publication. If you have a new theory or idea, this is not the place to look for feedback on it or help in developing it.

For further explanation of our policy on personal theories and speculative posts, and the history behind it, see the following entry in the Physics Forums FAQ:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=617567#post4664231

Non-mainstream theories:
Generally, in the forums we do not allow the following:
  • Discussion of theories that appear only on personal web sites, self-published books, etc.
  • Challenges to mainstream theories (relativity, the Big Bang, etc.) that go beyond current professional discussion
  • Attempts to promote or resuscitate theories that have been discredited or superseded (e.g. Lorentz ether theory); this does not exclude discussion of those theories in a purely historical context
  • Personal theories or speculations that go beyond or counter to generally-accepted science
  • Mixing science and religion, e.g. using religious doctrines in support of scientific arguments or vice versa.
  • Philosophical discussions are permitted only at the discretion of the mentors and may be deleted or closed without warning or appeal

Links to web sites that fall in the categories listed above will be removed.

Likes berkeman
Borg said:
Welcome to Physics Forums AtomicNixon. Be careful with the pet theories. There are many here who will help you to understand where you are lacking but, personal theories and questions of the form "Here's my theory, prove me wrong" are not acceptable on the forum. Please check out the Terms and Rules on the INFO tab.

Oh no worries. Having been subjected to much "Not Even Wrong" in my life, I won't add to the mess. Mine are simple and more along the lines of "Continuum Hypothesis, how important?"