CV/Resume: Should I include a QR code?

• Job Skills
  • Thread starter ChristinaJ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Code
In summary, including a QR code on your CV/Resume is not necessary, but it can be a useful addition depending on your field and the job you are applying for. It may make your CV/Resume stand out, but it is not a guaranteed way to catch a potential employer's attention. QR codes are not as commonly used as other traditional methods, but they are gaining popularity in certain industries. The QR code should link to relevant information for the job you are applying for and should not simply redirect to your entire CV/Resume. However, there are potential downsides to including a QR code, such as some employers not being familiar with how to use them and the risk of linking to outdated or irrelevant information. It is important to carefully
ChristinaJ
Gold Member
Should I include a QR code in a CV?

Potentially useful, but maybe it could be construed as being a little pretentious.

Any thoughts?

Physics news on Phys.org
No. Keep it formal, dry, clear and accessible. Don't try to stand out using 'fancy' add-ons. The less clutter, the better.

companies typically scan your resume into a database that is referenced by HR and managers looking for prospective candidates.

The only time a QR code might be useful is if the job or company you were applying to specialized in them like provided QR code services...

1. Should I include a QR code on my CV/Resume?

It is not necessary to include a QR code on your CV/Resume, but it can be a useful addition depending on your field and the job you are applying for.

2. Will including a QR code make my CV/Resume stand out?

Including a QR code may make your CV/Resume stand out, but it is not a guaranteed way to catch a potential employer's attention. It is important to also have a well-written and organized CV/Resume.

3. Are QR codes commonly used on CVs/Resumes?

QR codes are not as commonly used on CVs/Resumes as other traditional methods, such as including a link to an online portfolio or LinkedIn profile. However, they are gaining popularity in certain industries, such as graphic design or marketing.

4. What information should be included in a QR code on a CV/Resume?

The QR code should link to relevant information for the job you are applying for, such as a portfolio, website, or LinkedIn profile. It should not simply redirect to your entire CV/Resume.

5. Are there any downsides to including a QR code on my CV/Resume?

One potential downside is that not all employers may be familiar with how to use QR codes, so they may not take the time to scan it. Additionally, if the QR code links to outdated or irrelevant information, it could hurt your chances of getting the job. Therefore, it is important to carefully consider the usefulness and relevance of including a QR code on your CV/Resume.