Darkfighters Mercenary Command

• Thread starter Da3ge1
  • Start date
In summary, "Darkfighters Mercenary Command" was a role-playing game released in 1978 by Task Force Games. It was set in a futuristic world and allowed players to take on the role of mercenaries. The game was discontinued in the early 1980s and there is not much information about it online. The recruitment poster mentioned in the conversation was a promotional item for the game and featured a character named Vasquez. It is possible that this game could have evolved into something bigger if it had continued to be popular.
Da3ge1
Does anyone know anything about a thing from the 1970's called "Darkfighters Mercenary Command"? I don’t know if it’s from a novel, a game, or a “zine”.

I saw a poster in an antiques store about it. It was a single page, black and white text. It's basically a recruitment poster saying things like "Fighters needed on the Rim" and "Needed: Tunnelers and Rammen". It had a line drawing of a vaguely Hispanic or Filipino man in a space helmet holding a raygun with the caption "Fight with Vasquez".

I've been fascinated by this since I saw it partially because I can't find anything about it on the Net, and because this single page conjures up a universe of possible story lines.

Likes elsieoliver
Physics news on Phys.org

Hi there! I did some digging and it looks like "Darkfighters Mercenary Command" was a game released in 1978 by a company called Task Force Games. It was a role-playing game set in a futuristic world where players took on the role of mercenaries fighting for different factions. The game was discontinued in the early 1980s, which could explain why there isn't much information about it online.

As for the recruitment poster you saw, it sounds like it was a promotional item for the game. The character on the poster, Vasquez, was likely a prominent figure in the game's universe. It's interesting to think about the potential storylines behind this game and how it could have evolved if it had continued to be popular.

I hope this helps satisfy your curiosity about "Darkfighters Mercenary Command"! If you're interested in learning more, there are some forums and fan sites dedicated to old role-playing games that may have more information. Happy gaming!

1. What is Darkfighters Mercenary Command?

Darkfighters Mercenary Command is a fictional organization in the science fiction genre. It is often featured in books, movies, and video games as a group of highly skilled mercenaries who take on dangerous missions for hire.

2. Who are the members of Darkfighters Mercenary Command?

The members of Darkfighters Mercenary Command are typically a diverse group of individuals with specialized skills in combat, technology, and espionage. They are often portrayed as highly trained and experienced soldiers, with a strong sense of loyalty to their team.

3. What kind of missions do Darkfighters Mercenary Command undertake?

As a mercenary group, Darkfighters Mercenary Command takes on a variety of missions, ranging from rescue operations to espionage and combat missions. They are often hired by governments, corporations, or private individuals to complete tasks that require a high level of skill and discretion.

4. Is Darkfighters Mercenary Command a real organization?

No, Darkfighters Mercenary Command is a fictional organization created for entertainment purposes. While there may be real-life mercenary groups, Darkfighters Mercenary Command is not one of them.

5. What sets Darkfighters Mercenary Command apart from other fictional mercenary groups?

Darkfighters Mercenary Command is known for its advanced technology and futuristic setting. They often have access to cutting-edge weapons, vehicles, and equipment that give them an advantage in their missions. They also have a strong sense of camaraderie and loyalty, making them a formidable force in their universe.