Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Deactivate or remove my account?

1. Apr 1, 2012 #1
    I have been looking on the site for instructions on how to delete my account, but can't seem to find anything. Could someone point me in the right direction? & please no rude &/or silly answers.

Thank you very much!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

4. Apr 1, 2012 #3
    oh no.. damn, i kind of wish i hadn't signed up now. do you know of a more detailed explanation as to why accounts aren't deleted?

5. Apr 1, 2012 #4

Evo

We can ban you're account, which essentially closes it, but your posts will stay.

6. Apr 1, 2012 #5
    If I may ask, why do you want your posts and account to be deleted? Having an account on PF is (as far as I'm aware) not particularly embarassing, but if there are some specific things you wouldn't want out in the open you posted, you can probably discuss this with a mentor or admin. (Though it's obviously always smarter to just not put stuff on the internet you are going to regret later, but this may be somewhat unavoidable nowadays.)

7. Apr 1, 2012 #6

jtbell

Questions and answers in a public forum like this one are supposed to benefit not only the original questioner, but also other people who use the site. This is not a private tutoring service.

8. Apr 1, 2012 #7
    ahh okay, then yes i would like to be banned.

i never asked for my posts to be deleted. and i am not asking for my account to be deleted because of embarrassment or because, as you put it, for a "private tutoring service". i am planning on going "offline" as much as possible, i have to spend a lot of time in hospital over the next few monhs, so will not be going online. i don't see the point in contuining with something i am not going to use, so i am trying to delete my accounts that i have across the net.

9. Apr 1, 2012 #8

Evo

I am very sorry to hear, i hope you are going to be ok.

Since this is a voluntary ban, you may request to be un-banned at any time.

Good luck to you.

Are you ready?

10. Apr 1, 2012 #9
    sorry for the delay! yes i am, thank you very much for your understanding in this matter :)

11. Apr 1, 2012 #10

rbj

_

rose22, PF is the tar-baby. makes joining pretty hard to be reversible.

Evo, does this make you feel a little like Jack Kevorkian or someone in Switzerland who serves in Dignitas?

(glad they used your avatar for April 1.)

L8r,

r b-j

12. Apr 2, 2012 #11

Evo

Yes, it's sad to ban someone that's good, but at least I also have to power to bring them back to life.

That was a complete surprise to me when I came to PF and saw me everywhere!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook