Debunking Debunkers

• Thread starter MirabileAuditu
  • Start date
russ_watters
Mentor

Originally posted by MirabileAuditu
I cite the arrogance of such people as Warren, and he wastes not a SECOND in exposing his narcissistic arrogance.

Quite frankly, you asked for it. And you continue to ask for it with this attitude of yours.:
I made a generic post, and Warren CHROOT got on his pedestal and pretended to be by scientific superior.

This is the error of logic called the Argument From Authority.
Obviously CHROOT is not familiar with it.
An attitude like that will not take you very far in this forum or in life.

Russ your quote of the Original Author shows something that has been (sorta) obvious to me for some time now.

Someone like Chroot, goes out, honestly admits to what he thinks is one of his own character traits that needs improvement, the very next thing you see are people going out and taking his honesty, about himself, and turning it against him.

Funny sorta, as in my life it has been observable that the kinds of people who do/take these kinds of (verbal/verbose) actions usually are exactly what they accuse 'others' of being, and simply not strong enough to admit it, hence the need to 'attack and ridicule' as to (in their own minds) distance themselves from what they can 'see'. (all to clearly too, as what chroot did, probably "awoke a little bit of honesty" in another, just they couldn't face it.....)

Zero

Originally posted by Nereid
Speaking of Darwinism (or indeed evolution), has anyone ever asked a creationist (or similar) about how antibiotic-resistant strains arise? In particular, tried to explain to them why the pill their parents took for {x} won't cure them now?

I wonder how different it is when it gets as personal as that.
They'll tell you that there is something called 'microevolution' which allows for small-scale variation, but will never allow for those changes to add up to a completely new species. It is an argument based on religion and ignorance, not based on scientific research or the objective examination of the facts. What I find to be the most fun is that someone will include their closed-minded, dogmatic attack on 'Darwinism' in a post complaining about skeptics.