Decent Decaf Coffee: Find Your New Year Fave with ROASTe.com

  • Thread starter Thread starter EnumaElish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Coffee
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
Science Advisor
Messages
2,348
Reaction score
124
Happy new year!

I'm ISO decent decaf coffee that I can order over the Internet (or phone), or buy in supermarkets. For me it's relatively uncomplicated to find quality regular coffee -- the Caribou blend is one. As for decaf, I became hooked on a coffee shop brand that I tried years ago, and haven't found anything as good or better -- I just kept ordering it. With the new year I've decided to see whether anyone can suggest a decent decaf brand that they especially like, the darker the better.

[As I posted this, a PF ad in the top margin directed me to ROASTe.com, which I decided to give a try. They ship for free.]
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Recently I tried Starbucks VIA instant coffee. It was regular (caffeinated), though. I'm not a big fan of instant but this one wasn't bad at all. But then, I like very strong coffee, so it may not appeal to everyone.
 
Decaf French Roast from http://www.stonecreekcoffee.com/ is pretty good; you can e-mail them at customers@stonecreekcoffee.com and ask for a free catalog.

When in Montreal I had tried Tim Hortons and liked their coffee. So I e-mailed them to ask for home delivery. As it turned out, they have a roaster in Rochester, NY:

Maidstone Coffee Plant, (585) 272-1040 Ext. 2221 or coffee@timhortons.com

I don;t know if they are willing to dispense small quantities (like anything less than 50 lbs. per order). I'll post what I find when I find out, along with their prices.
 
I own a commercial coffee roastery.
email me your info and I can send you some samples.
I do a nice smooth Decaf Colombian Excelso and spicy Java Jampit Blawan Decaf.

I am here on PF to try to tap into that part of my brain that loved physics in Undergrad and start using it for fine tuning my trade(as a coffee roaster) (Specific Density, heat properties, etc)