Decisons decisions - Friday night movie

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's mixed feelings about the movie V for Vendetta and their general dissatisfaction with the current selection of movies in theaters. They also briefly discussed other potential movie options, such as Thank You for Smoking and Ice Age 2, and shared their opinions on different movies. The conversation also touched on the speaker's difficulty in finding a good movie to watch and the speaker's warning against seeing Date Movie.

What do you recommend we see tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DaveC426913
Gold Member
I am of two-minds about seeing V for Vendetta; I have some trepidation about it. I am pretty gun-shy about action/adventure/sci-fi movies these days; lately I'm finding a tendency toward Ritalin-soaked video games with the story depth to match (not that I've shied away from high-action cartoon-like movies, but, well, I'm just not in the mood for that - especially considering the subject matter of this one - terrorist-as-hero).

Maybe I just don't feel like seeing a film tonight that explores the usual Gen-X "This awful world would be better-off in Anarchy" theme.

I would also like to see 'Thank You for Smoking', and wonder if I might be better entertained.

Physics news on Phys.org
Aye caramba. What a piss poor selection of movies in the theater these days. People should boycott movies until they actually start making movies worth watching. :rolleyes:

You should rent a moive.

Ali is a good movie.

What kind of movie are you in the mood for?

One worthy of my time. Other than that, I won't be too picky.

(I'm thinkin' the two options I offered show a pretty god spread of my tastes.)

What is thank you for not smoking?

V-for vendetta is some sort of scary movie huh?

Go see the new Ice Age {part 2 The Melt Down} movie!

So, I saw V. It was quite good. Not a ritalin fest.

I had never heard of either before this thread. But, glad you had a movie to watch while PF was down. :biggrin:

Thank you for smoking looks funny...

I heard about V for Vendatta and heard it was good, what is Thank You for Smoking?

yomamma said:
I heard about V for Vendatta and heard it was good, what is Thank You for Smoking?

Oh no! You simply MUST see "The Hills Have Eyes." It's a remake of a failed B grade movie, so it's just GOT to be good!

NOT!

I can't even find a good movie to rent that I haven't already seen. Oh wait! I forgot. Bambi II just came out on DVD. Sheesh!

-Dan

Don't you dare go and see Date movie, it's a death trap!

What is the best way to choose a movie for a Friday night?

The best way to choose a movie for a Friday night is to first consider the preferences of the people you will be watching with. Make a list of genres or specific movies that everyone is interested in and then narrow it down based on availability and ratings. You can also take turns choosing the movie each week to ensure everyone gets a chance to watch something they enjoy.

Should I base my movie choice on critic reviews or user ratings?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference. If you tend to agree with critic reviews, then that may be a good indicator of whether or not you will enjoy a movie. However, user ratings can also be a helpful guide as they are based on the opinions of people who have actually watched the movie. It may be beneficial to consider both sources when making your decision.

Is it better to watch a movie at home or in the theater?

This is a matter of personal preference. Watching a movie at home allows for more comfort and convenience, while watching in a theater offers a more immersive experience. Consider factors such as the movie's genre, release date, and availability in your area to determine which option would be more enjoyable for you.

How can I find new and lesser-known movies to watch?

You can discover new movies by browsing through streaming platforms, following film critics or movie bloggers on social media, or checking out film festivals or independent movie theaters. You can also ask for recommendations from friends or join online movie clubs or forums to discuss and discover new films.

What should I do if I can't decide on a movie?

If you are having trouble making a decision, you can use online tools or apps that offer movie recommendations based on your preferences. You can also try flipping a coin or using a random number generator to make the decision for you. Alternatively, you can always opt for a movie marathon and watch multiple films in one sitting.