So, as I said, I am no physicist and I am not familiar with QFT at all. All I "know" (well, you know what I mean...

) is classical QM. I first encounter this so-called "field" formalism reading the book I was talking about by Fetter and Walecka. The approach explained in the book to attack a many-body system can be over-simplified as follow:
1) you want to calculate the green function for a (ground) state of interacting particles
2) you switch to the interaction picture
3) you use Gell-Mann and Low's theorem along with Wick's theorem to get a perturbation expansions in which each term is an integral of greens function for the non-interacting system
4) the end.
My question is the following: every time I hear talking about field-theory the are some Lagrangians involved, but in the book I mentioned there are no Lagrangians. Also in the book by Schmitt it seems that this Lagrangian approach is present. Is there a book that explain how these two methods are related to each other ?