Deriving the equations of motion in f(T) gravity

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
birdhen
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I originally posted this in the SR, GR section so sorry for the re-post.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any papers that explicitly derive the equations of motion in f(T) gravity. I have seen the wikipedia derivation in f(R) gravity but can't find anything for f(T) where the action is varied wrt to the vierbein.

Many thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
f(T) means teleparallel gravity ?

If so, http://www.ift.unesp.br/gcg/tele.pdf" seems to have some expository material including the Lagrangian and variational prinicple. I haven't read it myself, and it's not a field with which I'm familiar, but maybe it helps ...?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
HI there,
Thank you for your reply, yes, f(T) gravity is an extension of teleparallel gravity.

PS I can't get your link to work, it just comes up blank.

Cheers
 
Hi there,

I have moved to another computer and can open it fine now. Thanks very much it is very helpful!