Did you know today is National Moon Day?
- Thread starter BillTre
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Moon
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
Fewmet
- 406
- 38
It is not often that something happens that makes me feel old, but knowing Apollo 11 was 49 years ago did it. I stayed up what seemed really late to watch it with my mother and older brother. My father was one of the guys that did the electronics on the lunar module, so he was at work at the time.
Last edited:
- 3,777
- 2,002
I was on vacation with my family and on the road when the Eagle landed on the Moon. I remember that it was hot and we had stopped to cool off in a lake. while walking back to the car, a guy on the beach who had been listening to the radio suddenly jumped up and yelled " They did it! they landed on the Moon. we were on our way to the Home of the friends of my folks, and Dad tried to drive as fast as he could to get there, but by the time we did, they had already finished their Moonwalk. I was heartbroken at having missed it.
My Mom tried to make it up to me by actually letting me stay home from school to watch the Apollo 12 landing. Unfortunately, during setup of the TV camera, they accidentally pointed it at the Sun and it stopped working, so once again, I didn't get to see a live Moon walk.
My Mom tried to make it up to me by actually letting me stay home from school to watch the Apollo 12 landing. Unfortunately, during setup of the TV camera, they accidentally pointed it at the Sun and it stopped working, so once again, I didn't get to see a live Moon walk.

Similar threads
- dlgoff
- · Replies 16 ·
- Aerospace Engineering
- Replies
- 16
- Janus
- · Replies 4 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 4