Saw a Scientology ad on Comedy Central about conquering self-doubt

  • Thread starter Thread starter binzing
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 3K views
binzing
Messages
281
Reaction score
0
Ha ha ha...

So, just now, I was sitting in my room, watching something on Comedy Central, when a commercial break came on. Then a commercial started saying "We've conquered the seas" And it showed an old sailing boat, then a modern cruise ship. "We've conquered the skies" showing an old biplane and then a 747. "We've conquered the heavens" showing the space shuttle and then an astronaut working in space. Finally, it said "But can we conquer our self doubts?" and then gave a link to "dianetics.org". Being bored I got on the computer and looked it up, turns out it's a commercial from the Church of Scientology...

What...The...F(fill in the blanks).
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Interesting. I'm pretty sure I've seen that commercial as well.
 


Them nuts want conkering.
 


Math Is Hard said:
Did you take your free personality test?
Don't they call those "audits"? Or is that the more advanced, getting to know your inner alien level?
 


I saw that commercial but never visited the site. All I can do is laugh.
Here's the one binzing's talking about
G4K2AH1oWro&feature=related[/youtub...tube.com/watch?v=QX3siusq-5A&feature=related
 


Tom Cruise is probably funding these commercials.
 


Evo said:
Don't they call those "audits"? Or is that the more advanced, getting to know your inner alien level?

I think they give you the personality test free so you'll learn how messed up you are. Then you start the audits which cost big $$$, but they get rid of all those nasty thetans that got stuck to you from when the evil overlord blew up the volcano with all the people strapped to it.

i've said too much. :rolleyes:
 


Math Is Hard said:
I think they give you the personality test free so you'll learn how messed up you are. Then you start the audits which cost big $$$, but they get rid of all those nasty thetans that got stuck to you from when the evil overlord blew up the volcano with all the people strapped to it.

i've said too much. :rolleyes:


HMM I thought that was what Harry Potter was all about.
 


Uh oh. You visited their site?

They have your I.P. address now. They know where you are.

They're coming for you.
 


what said:
Tom Cruise is probably funding these commercials.

Better yet, funding them and paying himself to act in them!
 


Its like going to the scene of a car accident and...you know...its just like....you're the only one that can help. And its up to us to save the world.
 


Nah, I've got dialup, it changes all the time! Although, I should run a traceroute with Cain and Abel and find THEIR IP address...
 


Math Is Hard said:
I think they give you the personality test free so you'll learn how messed up you are. Then you start the audits which cost big $$$, but they get rid of all those nasty thetans that got stuck to you from when the evil overlord blew up the volcano with all the people strapped to it.

i've said too much. :rolleyes:


Is that where all our funniest members have gone? I didn't realize sacrificing them to the volcano would also give them a bad thetan infection.
 


The volcano :smile: :smile: :smile: makes me think of Tom Cruise in the closet...
 


Moonbear said:
Is that where all our funniest members have gone? I didn't realize sacrificing them to the volcano would also give them a bad thetan infection.

Wolly did complain about a rash for a while. hmm.
 


Math Is Hard said:
Wolly did complain about a rash for a while. hmm.

Do you think there's an ointment for that, or maybe an antibiotic? Is it contagious? Maybe that's why Evo's back is in need of scrubbing?
 


Moonbear said:
Do you think there's an ointment for that, or maybe an antibiotic? Is it contagious? Maybe that's why Evo's back is in need of scrubbing?

A lot of things make sense now. Maybe Hubbard was on to something.
 


Math Is Hard said:
Did you take your free personality test?

No, but perhaps I shall. I'll take one clean and one as far as I think possible from the "good" candidate.