Discussing quasars and Hubble constant to improve English

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter mars2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Universe
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 3K views
mars2
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
I come from http://amateur.lamost.org/bootes/bbs/index.php ,a chinese website.I`m very interested in the universe.For example ,quasar and Hubble`s constant.And my English is very poor.So I come here for discussing,studying and improving my English. :blushing:
Thx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
mars2 said:
I come from http://amateur.lamost.org/bootes/bbs/index.php ,a chinese website.I`m very interested in the universe.For example ,quasar and Hubble`s constant.And my English is very poor.So I come here for discussing,studying and improving my English. :blushing:
Thx
You have come to the right place Mars2, this is the BEST science forum.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mars2 and also welcome! Sounds like good reading material is in order. I just happen to have collection for occasions like this. These are not highly technical, but are highly informative:
Quasars: http://cassfos02.ucsd.edu/physics/ph7/Quasars.html
General cosmology: http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmolog.htm
Relativity: http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/gr/gr.html
All kinds of goodies: http://www.edu-observatory.org/eo/cosmology.html
Enjoy.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
hi,I'm from china,and this is my first word in the forum.
 
Hi everyone .
I come here too.
Now ,in Nanjing, it is very hot .And the weather isn`t so good.Because ,at night ,I only see the Jupiter in the sky !
So I`m waiting for a sunny day for watching the beautiful sky again!