Disney World PF gathering over Memorial Day week

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,272 replies · 671K views
ZapperZ said:
This is a very cute and clever pin. It's goofy with a ghost. The pin is part of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party.
Zz.
http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904425.jpg
:smile: Zz slipped up on something Disney-related! :smile: That would be Pluto, not Goofy. :biggrin: :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Moonbear said:
:smile: Zz slipped up on something Disney-related! :smile: That would be Pluto, not Goofy. :biggrin: :smile:

YIKES! I am so ashamed!

<hangs his head down in utter dismay>

Zz.
 
More Disney World during the Holidays. This was the gorgeous tree right in front of the entrance to the Animal Kingdom. It was decorate with many animal ornaments and motives.

Zz.

http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/4622/disney2585ol.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ZapperZ said:
Now there is a reason to watch Macy's Thanksgiving parade this year! :)
You needed a reason? I watch it every year! :biggrin: Wake up, turn on the TV to watch the parade while having breakfast, and when the parade ends, it's time to do the Thanksgiving dinner prep! Without that parade, I wouldn't know how to time my day, and I just happen to love seeing all the character balloons (even if I'm getting too old to recognize some of the newer ones :cry: I need kids to help me keep up-to-date on the cartoons!).
 
Moonbear said:
You needed a reason? I watch it every year! :biggrin: Wake up, turn on the TV to watch the parade while having breakfast, and when the parade ends, it's time to do the Thanksgiving dinner prep! Without that parade, I wouldn't know how to time my day, and I just happen to love seeing all the character balloons (even if I'm getting too old to recognize some of the newer ones :cry: I need kids to help me keep up-to-date on the cartoons!).

You're forgetting that I help in the kitchen during Thanksgiving! :)

I don't remember sitting through the whole parade. I do like the large floating character balloons, especially the one year they had a very large Garfield. Luckily, I have managed to resisit collecting Garfield stuff.

I can't wait to see the Disney float in that parade.

Zz.
 
Reports coming out of WDWMagic indicates that they are evacuating guests at Fort Wilderness Campground ahead of the possible arrival of Wilma. They are sending the guests to the Pop Century.

Fort Wilderness Campground is a resort area for guests with RV's. Obviously this is the most vulnerable part of the resort.

Zz.
 
It's official, and frankly, not surprising.

Due to the potential of tropical storm force winds associated with Hurricane Wilma, all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney and Disney’s Wide World of Sports will not open tomorrow morning, Monday, October 24.

Weather permitting, Walt Disney World may reopen one or more theme parks after the storm passes on Monday to entertain the tens of thousands of Guests currently staying in our resort hotels.

We have made this decision in an abundance of caution based on information from the National Weather Service, the National Hurricane Center and local emergency preparedness officials, all of whom currently expect the storm to pass more than 100 miles south of the resort.

All resort hotels will remain open, though Guests staying at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground have been relocated to other hotels on property.

Walt Disney World Resort has an extensive hurricane preparedness plan and is staffed and prepared for a realm of possible impacts that this type of weather could have on our property.

Important Information for Walt Disney World Cast Members: All Cast Members scheduled to work Monday morning at the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Walt Disney World Resort hotels and the Disney Reservation and Call Centers should report to their work locations no later than 7 a.m. to avoid stronger winds expected later in the morning. All other Cast Members should contact their Cast Hotlines or their leaders for information about their schedule for Monday.

Guests who have questions should call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639.

<sob>

Zz.
 
Glad we didn't decide to go for my birthday. :bugeye: I bet those folks who were camping are tickled pink to be sent to a plush hotel room!
 
Moonbear said:
Glad we didn't decide to go for my birthday. :bugeye: I bet those folks who were camping are tickled pink to be sent to a plush hotel room!

It is to their credit that the closure of the theme parks is not a very frequent event. The last time they had to do this was last year during Charlie. And of course, they closed down for a couple of days after Sept. 11.

Interestingly enough, it is known that during a hurricane, the safest place for you to be in is in a Disney resort hotel. Most residents around central Florida, especially by the coastline, evacuate into a Disney hotel during a hurricane. That's why last year, for example, in between all those hurricanes, the theme parks would be almost empty, but the resort hotels were all booked solid.

We still could have gone there for your b'day, moonbie. There's hardly anything that would stop me from going there at any time of the year. Remember, last year, I went there in between 2 hurricanes - had one of the BEST times of my life.

Zz.
 
Disney is trying to stop piracy from their Oscar screeners copies.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051024/tc_nm/disney_anti_piracy_dc_2

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Disney World survived the effects of Hurricane Wilma! Hooray! A number of areas were even opened on Monday, but most will be back in full operations on Tuesday.

The Walt Disney World Resort safely withstood the impact of Hurricane Wilma.

We have updated our operating hours and re-opened Magic Kingdom and Epcot as well as Downtown Disney and Disney's BoardWalk.

All Disney theme parks, water parks, and other entertainment options will resume their normal operating schedules on Tuesday, October 25.

Zz.
 
This pin of Barnstorming Goofy is going to be released on the 27th.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904428.jpg

OK, I'll admit it. I have been inside Kiddie Land at the Magic Kingdom, and I have been on the Goofy Barnstormer ride. Well, they didn't say it was strictly for kids only, and the seat fit! So why would I care that I was the only adult on the ride?

:)

Zz.
 
ZapperZ said:
OK, I'll admit it. I have been inside Kiddie Land at the Magic Kingdom, and I have been on the Goofy Barnstormer ride. Well, they didn't say it was strictly for kids only, and the seat fit! So why would I care that I was the only adult on the ride?
You mean they let adults on those rides? I thought they had a limit on it. There are some cute rides in there! If I had known that...:bugeye: We'll go together in January, then you won't have to be the only one! :biggrin:
 
Moonbear said:
You mean they let adults on those rides? I thought they had a limit on it. There are some cute rides in there! If I had known that...:bugeye: We'll go together in January, then you won't have to be the only one! :biggrin:

I usually assume I can go on all the rides and attractions at WDW until a cast member tells me "Sir, this is only for children under the age of 12", or something to that affect. Then, I'll ask if an adult behaving like a child qualifies. It doesn't! Drat!

The Barnstormer might even be "harmless" enough that we could have Evo going on it too.

:)

Zz.
 
Oh freaking drat! And multiply that by 22!

They are releasing 22 cast lanyard pins Collection #4 tomorrow! If you have followed this thread (then you should already be bored to death by now), then you will know that the cast lanyard pins are some of the most sought-after pins for serious pin collectors. They also tend to fetch a higher average price on ebay.

Anyway, there are several very good ones in this collection. Below are a few of them. BTW, I think since a couple of years ago, one can tell if a pin is a cast lanyard pin. All cast lanyard pins from that period onwards have small Mickey ears logo.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/190200656.jpg

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/190200655.jpg

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/190200608.jpg

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/190200611.jpg
 
The Mickey one with his head in his hands is really cute. I like the coffee cup ones too, but would rather they were actual coffee cups rather than pins of coffee cups! :biggrin:
 
The Disney Imagineers went to the Himalayas to study the surroundings for inspiration for the highly anticipated new Animal Kingdom attraction Expedition: Everest.

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v051025.html

Obviously, they take these things seriously as far as being authentic.

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Disney is planning on a major overhaul of Movies.com (I didn't even know they own it).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20051025/tc_cmp/172303716

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There are obvious reasons why I would love to get this pin. :)

This is also from the cast lanyard Collection 4 series.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/190200647.jpg
 
Oh yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Moonbie wasn't too impressed last time with that shadow box that can display a picture and one's pin collection as a border. But I bet even she would fall for this one!

It's a cork board, 7" x 6", and Mickey is holding it up for you to display your pin collection! It will be released at the end of this month at WDW and it is NOT a limited edition item. So there should still be plenty by the time we get there in January.

I'm planning on getting 6 of these! :) Evo dear, you should plan on getting one too to display your growing pin collection!

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10025289.jpg
 
ZapperZ said:
Oh yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Moonbie wasn't too impressed last time with that shadow box that can display a picture and one's pin collection as a border. But I bet even she would fall for this one!

It's a cork board, 7" x 6", and Mickey is holding it up for you to display your pin collection! It will be released at the end of this month at WDW and it is NOT a limited edition item. So there should still be plenty by the time we get there in January.

I'm planning on getting 6 of these! :) Evo dear, you should plan on getting one too to display your growing pin collection!

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10025289.jpg

Until I read your text, I thought they were bookends (they should make bookends like that, it would be very cute). That is a nice way to display them. I have limited desk space, so would have to pass on them in favor of things I can hang on the wall, but I'm sure you'll have no trouble making room for them.
 
Moonbear said:
Until I read your text, I thought they were bookends (they should make bookends like that, it would be very cute). That is a nice way to display them. I have limited desk space, so would have to pass on them in favor of things I can hang on the wall, but I'm sure you'll have no trouble making room for them.

I think they do make bookends, but not exactly like that.

No room on your desk, Moonbie? How about a shelf? How about at home? There's always room for Mickey! I can squeeze a few more here at work, and it is already called a Disney Museum. Besides, I need these for display on my shelf at home. They would look very nice and elegant if I have like 4 of them in a row on a shelf or the fireplace mantle, don't you think?

I've made hotel reservations for the June trip. Isn't that sick? :)

Zz.
 
Oh no! This is sacrilege!

They replaced Mickey with Stich and called it Steamboat Stich! I am NOT getting this pin!

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904065.jpgWell... maybe I will... but only for trading with kids!
 
I think we can make it easy for you...that's got to be a definite pass on that one. I don't even think kids into Stitch would like that one since they won't get the reference to Steamboat Willie, and they won't be attracted to a black and white pin. And the adults, like you and me (we count as adults, right?), who get the reference are just appalled by the adulteration of a classic! Does this officially make it the ONE pin you don't want?
 
Moonbear said:
I think we can make it easy for you...that's got to be a definite pass on that one. I don't even think kids into Stitch would like that one since they won't get the reference to Steamboat Willie, and they won't be attracted to a black and white pin. And the adults, like you and me (we count as adults, right?), who get the reference are just appalled by the adulteration of a classic! Does this officially make it the ONE pin you don't want?

No, I think there were a couple of pins that I have highlighted here that I also did not want.

The ONLY attraction to this pin is that it is black&white. I have met one pin trader outside the Pin Central in Downtown Disney, and another pin trader at the pin event last Sept. who collect nothing but black&white Disney pins. Honest! And they'd pay big buck for the rare ones too on ebay (you can't buy or sell Disney pins on Disney property).

Still, I don't think I want this pin. I like the movie, and I know kids to gaa gaa for Stitch, but I really don't see the fascination with the stitch character in all of this.

Zz.
 
Disney is opening the Narnia attraction at Disney/MGM Studios on the same day as the movie opening.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-disneynarnia2705oct27,0,6274606.story

Zz.
 
The Chicken Little characters have arrived inside Macdonalds Happy Meals. Just what most kids love!

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10024470.asp?Headline=1&Date=10/28/2005&Section=

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator: