Disney World PF gathering over Memorial Day week

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,272 replies · 671K views
Just in case you need a calendar for April.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10153954.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This is the jumbo Easter pin that will be released tomorrow at Disneyland. I think of all the Easter pins that they have released, this one takes the cake. It is one of the most intricate and colorful pins they've made. Of course, not to mention, it is adorable!

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10425488.jpg
 
ZapperZ said:
Just in case you need a calendar for April.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10153954.jpg
:smile: That just struck me as hilarious...a pin just for April. :smile: I'm just not sure I understand why? :confused: Cruella doesn't seem to have a lot to do with April in my mind either. It just seems like such a...well...a "we don't know why, but we're making it anyway" pin. :smile:
 
Moonbear said:
:smile: That just struck me as hilarious...a pin just for April. :smile: I'm just not sure I understand why? :confused: Cruella doesn't seem to have a lot to do with April in my mind either. It just seems like such a...well...a "we don't know why, but we're making it anyway" pin. :smile:

Actually, there are pins for each month so far for 2006. I just ... er ... forgot to post them here.

:)

Zz.
 
For those of you in the US who haven't file your taxes yet, there are two pins to remind you that the dreaded tax day is coming up in 2 weeks. The first one is being released today at Disneyland, while the second one is being released tomorrow at WDW.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10431731.jpg

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904689.jpg
 
Who actually celebrates tax day?! But, oh, yeah, better get mine sent in. :rolleyes:
 
Moonbear said:
Who actually celebrates tax day?! But, oh, yeah, better get mine sent in. :rolleyes:

I have sent mine in way long ago and have gotten my refund. And I'm going to spend it all at the House of Mouse!

Zz.
 
Alright. It's been a long time since we had a Disney trivia, so here's another one.

The picture below shows the loading area of an attraction at the Walt Disney World resort. What is the name of this attraction?

Zz.

img17433st.jpg
 
It's Maelstorm, but you still win a virtual pin nevertheless!

:)

I love this small attraction at the Norway world showcase ("You are not the first to come this way...").

Zz.
 
Moonbear said:
I still never found the hidden Mickey. :frown:

Then we just have to go there a few more times till you find it, Moonbie.

:)

Zz.
 
Moonbear said:
:smile: That just struck me as hilarious...a pin just for April. :smile: I'm just not sure I understand why? :confused: Cruella doesn't seem to have a lot to do with April in my mind either. It just seems like such a...well...a "we don't know why, but we're making it anyway" pin. :smile:
I think I get the joke. Might be a reference to T.S. Eliot's "The Wasteland", which opens with
April is the cruelest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
 
Honestly, there wasn't anything special about April and Cruella. Here are the other calendar pins of this year. They are all, or will feature, Disney villans.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10155361.jpg

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10149506.jpg

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10342303.jpg
 
Disney is rolling out another tour using the Segway at Epcot. I didn't know this thing is THAT popular!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/orl-tourism0306apr03,0,5502726.story

Zz.
 
Disney is expanding, but not in the ways you think...

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/14246129.htm

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! This is an incredible pin!

It is being released today, and it is an open edition pin (yay!). What is so cute about it is that when you open it, it shows an image of Walt chatting with Mickey. GORGEOUS!

I think I'll get a handful of this one when I get there...

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904690.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The World of Disney store in Downtown Disney will be having its Grand Reopening tomorrow, with new floor space and new areas.

Disney said:
The Store will re-open on April 5, 2006 with new and interactive experiences at the largest Disney shopping destination on earth. The newly "re-imagined," 51,000-square-foot retail playground features a world of pirates and heroes in a new, interactive Adventure Room. Across the store, youngsters can be made up as pretty as a princess with the help of a "Fairy Godmother-in-Training" in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, part of the store's new Princess Room.

Of course, to mark the occasion, there's a pin that will be released only that the World of Disney store there.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904866.jpg
 
It's Day 5 in the countdown to the official opening of Expedition Everest, which means that it's 2 more days till opening day.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904438.jpg
 
Oswald The Lucky Rabbit

For anyone who missed the whole saga of this character, here's a quick update:

What do Al Michaels, John Madden, Monday Night Football, NBC/Universal, and Oswald the Lucky Rabbit have anything to do with one another and Disney?

You just have to read this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ap/index.html

More on this trade. Essentially, Disney traded a sports announcer for a rabbit!

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...ss&siteid=mktw

:)

For those who want to know a bit about Mickey Mouse's history, and how Oswald the Lucky Rabbit fits into this, this is a terrific site. It can also make a great Disney trivia question.

http://www.characterproducts.com/inf...ie_doorway.htm

Wow! This trade-Al Michaels-for-Oswald is really making all the news wire!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-10-05-27-33

Al Michaels is right. He WILL be an answer to a trivia one of these days.

The euphoria over Oswald the Lucky Rabbit coming back to Disney just won't go away.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features...oday-headlines

And now, the Disney Insider has the OFFICIAL take on the whole history of Oswald and how it played a role in Walt's life, resulting in the creation of Mickey Mouse. This, I would say, is THE definitive version of the history of Oswald.

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v060404.html

Don't miss the Oswald page at the end of the article.

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
They are releasing today the Dave Smith collection pin of my most favorite night time show at WDW - IllumiNations.

Keep an eye out for my own video of this spectacular show some time soon.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904178.jpg
 
Expedition Everest

SPOILER ALERT!

If you want to be surprised by the Expedition Everest attraction, do not read any further.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

More on Expedition Everest...

The "highlight" of the whole attraction is the encounter with the Yeti. There are two encouters, actually. The first is simply a shadow of the Yeti while you are in the bowels of the mountain. The second is the direct encounter with the Yeti as you rush through the various passageway inside the mountain. The Yeti appears to try to grab you as you pass by.

This is your last SPOILER ALERT warning.

If you wish to see what the Yeti looks like during the 2nd time when you get to see it directly, click on the link below:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm#

Zz.
 
It's Day 6 of the 7 day countdown to the official opening of Expedition Everest. Just ONE more day till the Yeti officially becomes part of Disney folklore...

The pin frenzy leading up to this has been unbelievable so far, at least that's the report I've been getting from there. So I'm not even having my contacts up there going into get all these countdown pins - it's too much of a hassle. I can live without them.

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/files/10904439.jpg
 
Winnie the Pooh to get Hollywood Walk of Fame Star!

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has announced that Winnie the Pooh will get a star on the famed Hollywood Blvd on April 11.

YOU GO, BEAR!

:)

Zz.

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/static/pintrading/media/pins/10935133.jpg