Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Disqualified in the photo contest

1. Aug 9, 2006 #1

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I keep finding I want to share other photos that keep within the themes of the photo contest threads, but would be disqualified, either because someone else took them, or I already submitted one but have others that fit the theme I want to share, or I've previously touched up the photos with some editing software, etc. So, I thought I'd create a thread for sharing those.

A few rules (for those participating in the photo contest thread, some of these will look familiar):

- Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack. Then to post it here link your picture using the img command. (Do not attach the image to the post...link to it on a server intended for the purpose of sharing photos.)

- Limit the size of your photos to a width no greater than 650 pixels (this will avoid annoyingly stretching this page).

- Use only photos you personally own, not ones you've downloaded off the web or that have any copyright restrictions on them. For this thread, it's okay if your parents or significant other or friend, etc., took the photo, as long as they have given you permission to use it.

To keep this thread from getting too huge too quickly, let's keep the photos within the themes of the contest threads (past themes are okay). So, if you have something that fits those themes, and you're dying to share it, but would be disqualified for entering it in the contest, let's see it!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2006 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Okay, to start off, here's the other photo I wanted to enter in the You're So Cold contest (I couldn't decide between two). Don't tell me if you like this one better than the one I entered, or I'll have to kick myself for choosing the wrong one. :biggrin:

[​IMG]

4. Aug 9, 2006 #3

JamesU

Gold Member

I would say that this one is better, but there's no llama :(

5. Aug 9, 2006 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sheep in snow!

I can't find the camera I took all those pictures from our freak ice storm. It' probably got thrown away :cry:

6. Aug 9, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I told you not to say that! :grumpy: *sets fire to yomamma's remaining GOOBF cards*

7. Aug 9, 2006 #6

Evo

This one's not good enough to win,. so I'll put it here.

View from my front door.

[​IMG]

8. Aug 9, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ooh, how nice to have horses right across the street to watch!

9. Aug 9, 2006 #8
    I missed the deadline for the "What's New Pussycat?" contest, so here's one of my cats (actually I guess it is technically my wife's cat -- the cat loves her, but never wants anything to do with me):

Mr. Whitten
    [​IMG]

-GeoMike-

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  10. Aug 9, 2006 #9

JamesU

Gold Member

I said that the one you chose was good because it had a llama in it:confused:

11. Aug 9, 2006 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I can't see it. :frown: The link seems to be broken. Can anyone else see it?

12. Aug 9, 2006 #11

Evo

No, can't see it.

13. Aug 9, 2006 #12
    Naturally I don't remember these pics until after I submitted the crappy pic for the contest!

A is for Alumni Walk
    [​IMG]

A is for Arts Building
    [​IMG]

14. Aug 9, 2006 #13
    I always forget that you have to take the picture. One of my friend's mom gave this one to me.

A is for Athleticism
    [​IMG]

(I'm the pitcher)
    Paden Roder

Actually, after looking at it, I could have also submitted this to this week's Cold theme. That umpire looks like an ice cube! (or an assassin :uhh: )...

15. Aug 9, 2006 #14
    My mistake, I had the link entered wrong. Fixed now.

-GeoMike-

16. Aug 10, 2006 #15
    A is for Assassin at Athletic Event...
    [​IMG]
    :eek:

Paden Roder

17. Aug 10, 2006 #16

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, it's a shame you missed the deadline! I'd have voted for that one. What a fantastic photo and such big, sweet looking eyes on that cat.

Scorpa, I really like that Alumni Walk photo...it looks like a very quiet, relaxing place to sit on the wall and read or study.

And...:rofl: at the Assassin at the Athletic event!

18. Aug 10, 2006 #17
    that would have got my vote for the sheer LOL quality of it

19. Aug 10, 2006 #18

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Y'know, sooner or later, I'll run out of topics/themes, and I'll start recycling the old themes, which means that you might still be able to use the pictures that you couldn't in the earlier contests.

So do you really want to reveal your pictures now and lessen the impact?

:)

Zz.

20. Aug 10, 2006 #19
    Here's my new cat, a British Shorthair. He's name is Dante

marlon

Attached Files:

21. Aug 10, 2006 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Marlon, that kitty is adorable so I hope you'll take the time to follow this rule so you can share it with others:
    The member photo thread alreay puts quite a burden on the site, so I don't want to add to it with a big thread of fun photos when there are sites available that permit free sharing of photos with hotlinks in forums.

As for you, Zz, I'll take my chances. :tongue: Others can decide for themselves if they might want to use the photo in another contest, but since the topic here is "disqualified," not all of these would be suitable for future contests either. Besides, if you do S is for September, I can always get more sheep pictures. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?