Do body fat percentages include brain fat, and what are minimum survival levels?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amber78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Body
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 3K views
Amber78
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
< Mentor Note -- thread moved to HH from the technical physics forums, so no HH Template is shown >[/color]

Does body fat percentage(s) include all brain fat percentage(s) and all body fat percentage(s)? (When responding to this post) If the answer is 100% yes etc, what is the lowest body fat percentage(s) a person can have, and survive, and what is the lowest body fat percentage(s) a person can maintain, and survive
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
No my question is:

If human biological tissue has such a low fat percentage that it cannot be maintained and survive- would this have a negative effect on the muscle in that tissue?
If biological tissue has such a low fat percentage that it cannot be maintained and survive- would this have a negative effect on the muscle in that tissue?
 
dont you need fat to maintain muscle?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
jedishrfu said:
Have you already checked the internet or books for this information?

Amber78 said:
No my question is:

If human biological tissue has such a low fat percentage that it cannot be maintained and survive- would this have a negative effect on the muscle in that tissue?
If biological tissue has such a low fat percentage that it cannot be maintained and survive- would this have a negative effect on the muscle in that tissue?

You didn't answer jedishrfu's question...
 
no this is not for homework this is just personal curiosity
 
Amber78 said:
no this is not for homework this is just personal curiosity

You will show some effort, or your thread will be deleted. Your question *could* be for schoolwork -- we have no way of knowing for sure. And it is so easy foir you to show some links and effort toward answering your question here.
 
yes but i find its rude for you to assume its for schoolwork, and to villify me based on that, without proof- if the burden of proof is on me the only proof I can provide is that I am not in school and I don't know how I would even provide that info, so I think the burden of proof should be on you if you are going to accuse me of that. not to be rude
 
Amber78 said:
yes but i find its rude for you to assume its for schoolwork, and to villify me based on that, without proof- if the burden of proof is on me the only proof I can provide is that I am not in school and I don't know how I would even provide that info, so I think the burden of proof should be on you if you are going to accuse me of that. not to be rude

Please check your warning conversation thread...
 
Amber78 said:
i have no idea where that is

You should have gotten "Alerts" for each post in the conversation. Alternately, pull down "My PF", and click on Conversations.