1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Admissions Do Spring Admissions exist anymore?

1. Jun 13, 2012 #1
    I've been scanning some university admissions pages and cannot seem to find any that accept spring semester transfer students. Specifically I'm looking for schools in southern California with physics programs. I'm working on my Physics BSc and want to go to grad school afterward. Anyone have any insight?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 13, 2012 #2
    I think cal states accept spring transfers, but UC's do not. My friend transferred to CSUF last spring anyway

4. Jun 13, 2012 #3
    Apparently all of the state schools, UC and Cal State, are not accepting spring enrollements. Actually, one of the university's pages said it was due to the California budget.. problems.. Haha. How unfortunate. Even the private schools I checked weren't accepting, though. Oh well, guess I'll have to be patient! Thanks for the reply.

5. Jun 13, 2012 #4
    you missed the bus by one semester I guess =(

6. Jun 13, 2012 #5

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yeah the last few years have seen huge problems with the UCs and CSUs due to the budget. I don't remember when my CSU last accepted Spring students.

7. Jun 13, 2012 #6
    Hey, stuff happens. Just provides more time to pretty up the resume! Haha. On a side note, I checked the approximate costs at a UC school for an out-of-state transfer student: $55k! Perhaps it would be wise to look at private schools, too. I wonder if I could make it into the 10-15 transfers that CalTech accepts. Ha..ha..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook