Do white holes violate the second law of thermodynamics?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Petkovsky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Holes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Petkovsky
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
I was reading a bit about wormholes and I run into white holes. Now, everyone keeps saying that white holes violate the second law of thermodynamics, but I can't really understand why. I suspect it has something to do with entropy, but I'm not really sure. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
... In theory, anything could come out of a white hole, from dust particles to a stream of toasters. More than likely, only fundamental particles would be emitted, but there is no reason to assume this... ... and so a system which produces (or) adds order to a system is not possible. This is why many believe that a white hole can not exist.

http://www.geocities.com/autotheist/Physics/bh.htm