Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Do you unfriend people on Facebook/Myspace?

1. Jul 16, 2007 #1

Simfish

Gold Member

Do you "unfriend" people on Facebook/Myspace?

For any particular reason at all?

If you start to dislike someone, then do you necessarily unfriend that person?

- I know a lot of people who used to like me but then started to dislike me, but none of them have unfriended me (even though they are occasionally reminded of my presence).

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2007 #2
    Nope. Seems childish.

4. Jul 16, 2007 #3

cronxeh

Gold Member

Done it, regretted it, etcetera etcetera

5. Jul 16, 2007 #4

Danger

Gold Member

I've never been to either place, and have no intention of doing so in the future, so the question is irrelevant to me.

6. Jul 16, 2007 #5
    No, not at all. I can't see any reason to do so.

7. Jul 17, 2007 #6
    I only joined it two days ago so no not yet :smile:

Mind you I only joined it to play some geography game, so I'm not exactly using it to meet and greet anyway.

Forums are better for conversations IMO.

8. Jul 17, 2007 #7

Alkatran

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Aren't "friends" lists really just "people I know" lists?

I don't use those websites, but I'm the type of person who would keep the list small to avoid having to spend time scanning it.

9. Jul 17, 2007 #8
    yea i agree with schrodinger, forums are a much better place

10. Jul 17, 2007 #9

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I just restrict people from seeing my stuff.

Um... a lot of people are Facebook fanatics, like my mom and sister. And they do block/delete people. They're drama queens and they like the drama that comes from it. They actually have facebook nights where they hang out and play on facebook for like hours. Just looking at everyone's stuff. My ex-gf blocked them because my mom and sister would talk **** about them. Oh, and they have no idea we broke up. I'll probably never tell them until I finish school and move far far far away.

I avoid facebook in general. I only message my current and real friends.

11. Jul 17, 2007 #10

Gza

This pretty much describes every girl who goes to my school (and a few guys.)

12. Jul 17, 2007 #11

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I stay away from those types of sites.

13. Jul 17, 2007 #12

morphism

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

More like "people" lists.

14. Jul 17, 2007 #13

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

What's this "Myspace?" I think I'm the only person on the planet to have never visited that site.

15. Jul 17, 2007 #14

cronxeh

Gold Member

suree... hey Evo whats your myspace? pm me :biggrin:

16. Jul 17, 2007 #15

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Be afraid, be very afraid. Every teenager on the planet is on that site.

17. Jul 17, 2007 #16
    I'll tell you this much: If it was a country in the natural world, it would be the 11th biggest in population size. Between Mexico and Japan, I believe.

18. Jul 17, 2007 #17

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I detest these sites. I will stay in touch with the people I want to stay in touch with without the help of these sites. All these sites help you do is to stay in touch with the people you never want to see again.

The other problem I have with them are those people who rather have someone post on their facebook wall instead of calling them or sending them an email! C'mon!!:rolleyes::rofl:

19. Jul 18, 2007 #18
    Well my dog is 14, in dog years, and loves her myspace. Yes its hard to keep teens away from it. She has 80 doggy friends there. Don't worry I monitor every thing she does on line.:approve:

20. Jul 18, 2007 #19
    I remember my sister telling me that she used to unfriend her boyfriend every time they got in a fight. :rofl:

21. Jul 19, 2007 #20
    I unfriend people regularly. I hate when people add me and then never talk to me. I don't like just being another friend on someone's list. I like to keep my friends list small.

And i hate myspace anyway.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?