Does anyone know where to find solutions to MIT's 8.04 psets?

Specifically, for this section/year: https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-04-quantum-physics-i-spring-2016/assignments/.

I ask for those problem sets because I am following Prof. Barton Zwiebach's lectures on edX and the website doesn't seem to parse the HTML for the assignments always. What ends up happening, as a result, is that the website sometimes doesn't display all the questions or sometimes doesn't display the prompt. I contacted the edX team about a couple of weeks ago but they haven't gotten back to me (possibly due to the pandemic).

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Did you try contacting the professor directly?

Did you try contacting the professor directly?
Yes, he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Though, I sent the email only a few days ago (not a couple of weeks ago as I did for the edX support team/staff)

berkeman
Mentor
So, you do understand that for textbooks the Instructor Solution Manual is generally limited to the instructors teaching this class. This seems like a different situation, so we will be interested in the responses you receive from the instructor and the school.

So, you do understand that for textbooks the Instructor Solution Manual is generally limited to the instructors teaching this class. This seems like a different situation, so we will be interested in the responses you receive from the instructor and the school.
Yes, although, I did find a different version of the course that has the solutions online: https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/physics/8-04-quantum-physics-i-spring-2013/assignments/. I'm hesitant to do this course instead because I'm already half-way through with the other course and they seem to cover slightly different material or are taught different speeds...

Likes atyy and berkeman
Update from edX: since the course got archived in 2018, they expect some features such as some of the homework problems and discussions to no longer function.