Does experiences constructs soul?

• Thread starter infomax
  • Start date
But you're also happier and healthier when you do.The main point is that the holidays are not arbitrary. They are reminders of important aspects of developing ourselves, and developing good relationships with those around us. They are arbitrary in that they are not the only way to do this, but they are not arbitrary in that they are not just fluff and made up for no reason.But really I think the problem is that we don't really have any good modern equivalents to the holidays. I mean, we don't have modern equivalents to the holidays that don't suck. It's important for people to celebrate these things, but it's also important for them to not do so in a way that makes them

Does experiences construct soul?

• yes

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
infomax
I assume
When we we got birth we were hardwares ,from that point with the single change of time frame ,we began collecting information using every known and unknown sense organs stored in our brain at active or inactive spot, affected our behaviour and our activities to do in the nest instantaneous time frame. All the information that we received actually made us ,we are not of us , we are due to information we get and leaded to make our decision.
if that does it mean information makes soul ? or simply telling experiences construct soul

guys you can help mewith your views, and correct if I am wrong

Physics news on Phys.org
Your question presumes the existence of souls in the first place. There is no satisfactory evidence that souls are anything more than wishful thinking.

Well if you read his post it's implying not the religious soul that your refer to but the 'your mind' soul. You know, I'm not sure what word to use for it other than soul. Consciousness?

But yes I think that experiences build up the person you are. Just think, people aren't born bitter...

Blenton said:
Well if you read his post it's implying not the religious soul that your refer to but the 'your mind' soul. You know, I'm not sure what word to use for it other than soul. Consciousness?

But yes I think that experiences build up the person you are. Just think, people aren't born bitter...

Let's try not to second-guess the OP.

not a religious soul, purely scientific

I think you mean "self" rather than "soul".

DaveC426913 said:
Let's try not to second-guess the OP.

As opposed to totally misinterpreting it?

There is a modern definition of soul nowadays that necessarily exists as the naming of an observed phenomena.

Infomax hinted at it himself:

...does it mean information makes soul ?

The observed phenomena itself is the degree of social individuality humans, mammals, and perhaps many other species exhibit that differentiate themselves from other members of the same species. Note that I said social individuality, as opposed to physical (aesthetic) differences.

Your emotional sense of individuality, your personal shape of consciousness, would be your soul.

This is similar, but not quite the same as when someone exhibits their soul as utilized by jazz and funk musicians "he's got soul!". In this case, the subject is still the same kind of psychological identity, but the phrase is not implying that no one else in the room has souls; it is implying that he has mastered a lucid expression of his or her emotional depth and maturity. It more means that he is in touch with and aware of his soul (i.e. his emotional and psychological state).

People who "lack soul" (businessmen and scientists are accused of this more than any other social group) aren't really missing their soul... they're just tend to be a bit emotionally and socially underdeveloped.

To answer the OP's question:

I don't think that experience alone "constructs" soul. I think it's a combination of genetic makeup and experiences. You may argue that it is only the genetic makeup, depending on how exactly you define soul, and everything else just affects the growth and development of the soul.

Pythagorean said:
Your emotional sense of individuality, your personal shape of consciousness, would be your soul.

This is a pointless and confusing usage, because as I already pointed out, we have a perfectly good word that means that without all the unnecessary religious baggage: self.

negitron said:
This is a pointless and confusing usage

That may be so, but it's becoming more common in the modern age.

because as I already pointed out, we have a perfectly good word that means that without all the unnecessary religious baggage: self.

hmm, let's try this:

"Self Brothers"
"Heart and Self"
"Self Food"

naw, I like my secular soul.

and another thing:

When I lay back on my fertilized lawn (as it reacts with my skin) under the golden sun (as it gives me skin cancer) smoking a cigarette (as it gives me lung cancer) and sip a cheap beer (as it eats away at my liver) and I say "ahh, this is good for the self" I can assure you that it most certainly is not good for the self.

The point being that self includes my hands, my bones, my eyes, my toes, my stomach and my heart, while the soul pertains to a certain abstract aspect of the brain.

edit:

however, for your convenience, I will henceforth refer to it as the secular soul. I think I like that better anyway. And it's an alliteration.

None of those examples is secular in origin.

negitron said:
None of those examples is secular in origin.

Do you not celebrate any holidays just because they weren't secular in origin? It's important for humans to develop themselves emotionally and socially.

In fact, they're starting to find that even math is learned through emotions initially. They're sort of our mental vehicle, or at least the fuel for it.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200007/raising-baby-what-you-need-know

Pythagorean said:
Do you not celebrate any holidays just because they weren't secular in origin?

Actually, I don't really celebrate any holidays. They all seem pointless and arbitrary. But, that's just this atheist's opinion.

negitron said:
As opposed to totally misinterpreting it?

As opposed to answering the question that was asked. If the OP wants to modify it after seeing the results it generated, let him.

That being said, I have no problem going out on a limb, supposing a different meaning and then moving on, it's just that I think it should be granted as a risk and stated as such.

Last edited:
negitron said:
Actually, I don't really celebrate any holidays. They all seem pointless and arbitrary. But, that's just this atheist's opinion.

I'm an atheist and a physics graduate for the record. I have a sort of disposition towards holidays and spirituality myself, but it's because I'm lazy and selfish and these things take energy and focus, not because I think they're pointless.

It's a lot like exercise, only for the brain (and not the cognitive side of the brain). You don't really feel motivated to do it, but it can be enjoyable once you're actually participating and it's inevitably healthy for you.

It's great to know a lot of things and develop rationale and logic, but it doesn't help a great deal if you're emotionally retarded. This is why I think it's important (especially for stereotypical scientists) to acknowledge their emotional selves, whether they call it their secular soul or not.

infomax said:
I assume
When we we got birth we were hardwares ,from that point with the single change of time frame ,we began collecting information using every known and unknown sense organs stored in our brain at active or inactive spot, affected our behaviour and our activities to do in the nest instantaneous time frame. All the information that we received actually made us ,we are not of us , we are due to information we get and leaded to make our decision.
if that does it mean information makes soul ? or simply telling experiences construct soul

guys you can help mewith your views, and correct if I am wrong

This is a mess, and it's a good example of why we enacted writing standards. There are too many ways to intepret this word jumble.

1. What is the concept of a soul in relation to experiences?

The concept of a soul is often associated with the idea of a non-physical, immortal essence that is the core of a person's being. Experiences, on the other hand, refer to the events and activities that a person goes through in their life. The question of whether experiences construct the soul refers to whether one's life experiences shape or define their soul.

2. Is there scientific evidence that experiences construct the soul?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence that definitively proves or disproves that experiences construct the soul. The concept of a soul is a philosophical and spiritual one, and therefore cannot be studied using traditional scientific methods. However, there are ongoing studies and research on how experiences and memories shape our brain and personality, which may indirectly contribute to the development of the soul.

3. Can a person's soul change over time based on their experiences?

This is a highly debated question and there is no clear answer. Some believe that a person's soul is unchangeable and remains constant throughout their life, while others argue that experiences can shape and transform the soul. It ultimately depends on one's beliefs and perspective.

4. Do traumatic experiences have a greater impact on the construction of the soul?

Again, this is a subjective question and depends on one's beliefs. Some may argue that traumatic experiences can greatly impact a person's soul, causing it to become damaged or altered. Others may argue that the soul remains unchanged and it is the mind and body that are affected by traumatic experiences.

5. How does culture and upbringing affect the construction of the soul through experiences?

Culture and upbringing play a significant role in shaping a person's experiences, and therefore may indirectly influence the construction of the soul. Different cultures and upbringings may have varying beliefs and values, which can impact the types of experiences a person has and how they interpret and internalize them. However, it is ultimately up to the individual to determine how their experiences shape their soul.