Does Russia have more time zones than any other country?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephanus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Members Year
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
25 replies · 5K views
Stephanus
Messages
1,316
Reaction score
104
HAPPY NEW YEAR PF FORUM
May this year brings joyful and happiness to all of us.
And may new discoveries for the good of humanity comes up.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and fresh_42
Physics news on Phys.org
Happy New Year!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Evo, Stephanus and fresh_42
Happy New Year Greg and Evo
Happy New Year @Nugatory , @Dale (no spam?), Peter Donis
Happy New Year JS, @Jonathan Scott, @Ygggdrasil , @Mark44 , and all of you guys who've been helping me with my curiosity.
I wish you all the best for this year
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jonathan Scott, Evo, fresh_42 and 1 other person
Happy New Year everybody!
vector-happy-new-year-2017-with-glitters%2Bcopy.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Evo and Stephanus
Happy New Year for ALL from Novocherkassk, Russia.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42, BillTre and Stephanus
I tried to keep track of the time-zones and liked your posts as an "And you!" wish according to them. (So haven't you to go another 40 minutes, @levadny?)

However, the risk to miss someone is too high, and the procedure too complicated, so:
Thanks for all the wishes which I readily return. Most of all: stay healthy and lucky!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus
@fresh_42, Yes. Now in Russia (Moscow, MSK) 23-30. I not sleep, wait New Year and training in Duolingo :)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus
fresh_42 said:
I tried to keep track of the time-zones and liked your posts as an "And you!" wish according to them. (So haven't you to go another 40 minutes, @levadny?)

However, the risk to miss someone is too high, and the procedure too complicated, so:
Thanks for all the wishes which I readily return. Most of all: stay healthy and lucky!
Yeah, Russia.
"The sun never set on the British Empire"
I think that goes to Russia (Sovyet Union?), as well.
From Bering straight to Romania, I think there are more than 12 time zones. Especially if we follow geometry in the northern part of Russia/Sovyet Union
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: levadny
levadny said:
@fresh_42, Yes. Now in Russia (Moscow, MSK) 23-30. I not sleep, wait New Year and training in Duolingo :)
You remind me on happy days in Владикавказ ...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus
Владикавказ? @fresh_42, Amazing! I was not there. But what is it?
Happy New Year ALL!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus
levadny said:
But what is it?
An ossetian marriage.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus and levadny
hippo-sunscreen-1.jpg
gnu.png
Year!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1oldman2, Stephanus and fresh_42
Two hours to go here in San Diego. It is currently raining cats and dogs, and I hope it keeps up through midnight since that should cut down on the usual celebratory gunfire which always makes me nervous.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus
20171.jpg


Happy New Year All .....:ok:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus, Evo, 1oldman2 and 1 other person
Stephanus said:
Happy New Year Greg and Evo
Happy New Year @Nugatory , @Dale (no spam?), Peter Donis
Happy New Year JS, @Jonathan Scott, @Ygggdrasil , @Mark44 , and all of you guys who've been helping me with my curiosity.
I wish you all the best for this year
Happy New Year to you and all of our great PF members!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: levadny, Stephanus and fresh_42
Stephanus said:
Happy New Year Greg and Evo
Happy New Year @Nugatory , @Dale (no spam?), Peter Donis
Happy New Year JS, @Jonathan Scott, @Ygggdrasil , @Mark44 , and all of you guys who've been helping me with my curiosity.
I wish you all the best for this year
Thanks, and Happy New Year to you too, and to all at PF.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus
levadny said:
Happy New Year for ALL from Novocherkassk, Russia.
Thank you for including ny( New York) in your name :).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus and fresh_42
It really my surname. When if find domain name I see many names kind of LevadNY.* with more costs. May be this because New York.
 
WWGD said:
Thank you for including ny( New York) in your name :).
I've read that in former times, NY was called Neuyork here. Who knows, Новочеркaсск might be the Russian version. I mean, I wouldn't start in the US anyways, if I'd search for York :biggrin:.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: levadny
Novocherkassk it is equal NY. Novo - it is New in Russian. And Cherkassk - name of oldest city in our region.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus and WWGD
fresh_42 said:
I've read that in former times, NY was called Neuyork here. Who knows, Новочеркaсск might be the Russian version. I mean, I wouldn't start in the US anyways, if I'd search for York :biggrin:.

I understand the name : " NEw but not really that much so" York was considered briefly, ultimately dropped.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stephanus
Stephanus said:
Yeah, Russia.
"The sun never set on the British Empire"
I think that goes to Russia (Sovyet Union?), as well.
From Bering straight to Romania, I think there are more than 12 time zones. Especially if we follow geometry in the northern part of Russia/Sovyet Union
Sorry. Of course this doesn't happen in winter, November through February I think.