Does the (111) plane produce diffraction in SC, BCC, and FCC lattices?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter dirac68
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Crystal Diffraction
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
dirac68
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi, this is my first post.
I have a problem to solve:

"Given the plane (1 1 1) of 3 lattice sc, bcc and fcc, says in which case there is diffraction"

I hope that someone helps me...
Thanks for helpers
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You have to calculate the structure factor of the (111) for the 3 structures. The one(s) with non-zero structure factors will produce diffraction a line.
 
A plane will always give rise to diffraction, irrespective of the type of lattice.
 
nasu said:
You have to calculate the structure factor of the (111) for the 3 structures. The one(s) with non-zero structure factors will produce diffraction a line.

Yes, it's right. I found the solution! Thank you!