1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Doing worse on PGRE second time around?

Tags:
  1. Aug 7, 2013 #1
    I did OK but not good or great on the PGRE last April, so I think I'm going to take it again. However, one thing that concerns me is if I actually do worse (since I took all of my core classes last year and I am rusty). Is there an option that allows me to only send the April score and not my most recent score? Or will I have to send them all?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2013 #2
    Since a year or so you can choose which score to send. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

4. Aug 7, 2013 #3
    Read up on the gre's terms for their "score select" option, instated last year. If I remember correctly, you can choose to send either ALL the scores up to and including the most recent one, or ONLY the most recent one. Double-check that to be sure.

A more expensive option: in principle, you could register for it but specify no score recipients. Find out your scores as soon as they're available via phone (costs around 12$) and cancel them if you're unhappy with them (unsure of the time window for this, it might not be possible to cancel it if it's already been scored). Then you would pay the fees for additional score recipients for your past PGRE... Prepare to pay 20-25$ for each recipient.

The ETS folks on the phone are pretty helpful (they damn well better be, with their absurdly high fees!).

5. Aug 7, 2013 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook