Drunk man tried to revive dead opossum

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: GET YOUR ASS HERE THIS INSTANT!In summary, the man was trying to save his opossum friend from being eaten by another animal and was arrested for it.
This gave me a good laugh

The trooper says one person saw Wolfe kneeling before the animal and gesturing as though he were conducting a seance. He says another saw Wolfe attempting to give mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/89282277.html

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
They really love their rodents there in PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA. It's Groundhog Day every day.

This man just lost a dear opossum, he's obviously been punished enough already.

Did they have to post that picture? :frown:

That's not actually the picture of the murdered opossum, if you're concerned for his privacy

Office_Shredder said:
That's not actually the picture of the murdered opossum, if you're concerned for his privacy
:rofl:

I think I might of let him keep trying. Of course they may have wanted to prevent a very bad case of opossum breath.

The guy is just trying to save his pal, and you all are laughing at him.

Sick all of you!

The guys last name is Wolfe.
I think he was trying to eat it.

What if the possum was just "playing possum"? Could have been an exciting end if the critter decided to nip him. Those rascals have some impressive teeth.

turbo-1 said:
What if the possum was just "playing possum"? Could have been an exciting end if the critter decided to nip him. Those rascals have some impressive teeth.

Ooooo... just thinking about that...< pallidin reaches for another beer to wipe that image from mind >

Huckleberry said:
They really love their rodents there in PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA. It's Groundhog Day every day.

'possums aren't rodents. But, I'm also among those thinking things like "sharp teeth" and "rabies." :yuck: Then again, there are worse things you could wake up next to than dead 'possums when you're that drunk. :uhh:

:wink: After I wrote that I thought that maybe I had made a mistake so I looked it up. I decided that, given the circumstances, it didn't really matter.

In some parts of the country waking up to a dead 'possum is called breakfast in bed.

turbo-1 said:
Opossums carry a variety of ectoparasites such as fleas, ticks, mites and lice that may also bite humans.
http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/vector/agencyarticle?path=%2Fv7%2FVector%20Control%20District%20%28DIV%29&contentId=18827a506c969010VgnVCMP2200049dc4a92____"

In case you're wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
dlgoff said:
http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/vector/agencyarticle?path=%2Fv7%2FVector%20Control%20District%20%28DIV%29&contentId=18827a506c969010VgnVCMP2200049dc4a92____"

In case you're wondering.
They aren't considered carriers of rabies. They eat harmful insects and rats and dead animals, so they are considered beneficial.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was arrested for reviving dead opossum?

I thought the charge was public drunkenness. He probably spent a few hours in lock-up until he sobered up. Then the police had the pleasure of telling him what he had done before sending him on his way.

tsk, apparently you've never had the pleasure of having a possum get inside your house. :frown:

RAUL!

What is the story behind the "Drunk man tried to revive dead opossum" headline?

The story is about a man who was allegedly intoxicated and attempted to resuscitate a dead opossum on the side of the road.

Why did the man think he could revive the dead opossum?

It is unclear why the man believed he could revive the opossum. Some speculate that he may have been under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

What happened to the opossum after the man's attempt to revive it?

The opossum was already dead and could not be revived. It is unknown what happened to the animal after the incident.

What are the potential consequences of trying to revive a dead animal?

Trying to revive a dead animal can be dangerous, as it may carry diseases or may have been hit by a vehicle. It is best to leave handling dead animals to professionals.

Is this behavior common among intoxicated individuals?

There is no evidence to suggest that trying to revive a dead animal is a common behavior among intoxicated individuals. This incident is considered an isolated and unusual event.