Drunk man tried to revive dead opossum

Main Question or Discussion Point

This gave me a good laugh

The trooper says one person saw Wolfe kneeling before the animal and gesturing as though he were conducting a seance. He says another saw Wolfe attempting to give mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/89282277.html [Broken]

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

They really love their rodents there in PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA. It's Groundhog Day every day.

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This man just lost a dear opossum, he's obviously been punished enough already.

Evo
Mentor
Did they have to post that picture? :frown:

Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
That's not actually the picture of the murdered opossum, if you're concerned for his privacy

Evo
Mentor
That's not actually the picture of the murdered opossum, if you're concerned for his privacy
:rofl:

I think I might of let him keep trying. Of course they may have wanted to prevent a very bad case of opossum breath.

The guy is just trying to save his pal, and you all are laughing at him.

Sick all of you!

The guys last name is Wolfe.
I think he was trying to eat it.

turbo
Gold Member
What if the possum was just "playing possum"? Could have been an exciting end if the critter decided to nip him. Those rascals have some impressive teeth.

What if the possum was just "playing possum"? Could have been an exciting end if the critter decided to nip him. Those rascals have some impressive teeth.
Ooooo.... just thinking about that...< pallidin reaches for another beer to wipe that image from mind >

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
They really love their rodents there in PUNXSUTAWNEY, PA. It's Groundhog Day every day.
'possums aren't rodents. But, I'm also among those thinking things like "sharp teeth" and "rabies." :yuck: Then again, there are worse things you could wake up next to than dead 'possums when you're that drunk. :uhh:

:wink: After I wrote that I thought that maybe I had made a mistake so I looked it up. I decided that, given the circumstances, it didn't really matter.

In some parts of the country waking up to a dead 'possum is called breakfast in bed.

dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Opossums carry a variety of ectoparasites such as fleas, ticks, mites and lice that may also bite humans.
http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/vector/agencyarticle?path=%2Fv7%2FVector%20Control%20District%20%28DIV%29&contentId=18827a506c969010VgnVCMP2200049dc4a92____" [Broken]

In case you're wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Mentor
http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/vector/agencyarticle?path=%2Fv7%2FVector%20Control%20District%20%28DIV%29&contentId=18827a506c969010VgnVCMP2200049dc4a92____" [Broken]

In case you're wondering.
They aren't considered carriers of rabies. They eat harmful insects and rats and dead animals, so they are considered beneficial.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was arrested for reviving dead opossum?

I thought the charge was public drunkenness. He probably spent a few hours in lock-up until he sobered up. Then the police had the pleasure of telling him what he had done before sending him on his way.

Evo
Mentor
tsk, apparently you've never had the pleasure of having a possum get inside your house. :frown:

RAUL!!!!