Einstein Biography on National Geographic Channel

In summary, The National Geographic Channel has started a series on the racy side of Albert Einstein, featuring actor Geoffrey Rush. The first episode appears to be accurate and will be followed by more. The show is available online at the Nat Geo website and has received mixed reviews. Some viewers are eagerly waiting for a more intelligent production on the group of physicists from 1900-1930, while others find the focus on the racier elements of their lives distasteful.
Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
... interested in anyone's opinion who has.
I watched the first episode of Genius and from what I know of Einstein's life, it seemed accurate. I'll be watching the next episode, for sure. Who knows, I might even learn a little GR. :olduhh:

Based on the reviews, I will never watch it. Not that I watch TV at all anymore. But I'm waiting for an intelligent BBC production on the main group of physicists from 1900-1930. As far as the "racier" elements of their lives, pardon me while I vomit up my breakfast. I hate that sort of "entertainment."

Likes jedishrfu
Years ago there was an Einstein biography of several hundred pages. My prof said that everytime Einstein took a bathroom break the author wrote it down.

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045

1. Who was Albert Einstein?

Albert Einstein was a German-born physicist who is widely regarded as one of the greatest scientists of all time. He is best known for his theory of relativity and his famous equation, E=mc^2.

2. What was Einstein's early life like?

Einstein was born in 1879 in Ulm, Germany. He showed an early interest in science and mathematics, but struggled in school due to his rebellious nature and dislike for authority. He later attended the Swiss Federal Polytechnic School and graduated with a degree in physics.

3. What were Einstein's major scientific achievements?

Einstein's most famous achievement was his theory of relativity, which revolutionized the way we understand time, space, and gravity. He also made groundbreaking contributions to the field of quantum mechanics and the development of the atomic bomb.

4. What was Einstein's role in World War II?

Einstein played a key role in urging the United States to develop the atomic bomb during World War II. However, he later regretted his involvement and became an advocate for nuclear disarmament.

5. What is Einstein's legacy?

Einstein's legacy is far-reaching and continues to influence the scientific community today. His theories have been confirmed through numerous experiments and have led to advancements in technology such as GPS and atomic energy. He also inspired future generations of scientists and continues to be a symbol of intellectual curiosity and creativity.