Energy transfer mechanisms within the Earth’s atmosphere

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Boomting
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Help Asap :(

Hi I was wondering if anyone could explain this question to me in more simple terms? And what I need to look for? It's confused me :(

You are required to summarise the main energy transfer mechanisms within the Earth’s atmosphere, and most importantly to describe the effects of these energy transfers. You should consider:
• any impact that oceans and ocean currents have, giving at least one example
• any physical effects that cause significant currents of air in the atmosphere
• any energy transfers arising from electromagnetic radiation

Thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Doesn't anyone know? :( I need to give this in soon and don't have a clue what it means :( if anyone could explain it in more simple terms I would really appreciate it thank you
 


Boomting said:
Hi I was wondering if anyone could explain this question to me in more simple terms? And what I need to look for? It's confused me :(

You are required to summarise the main energy transfer mechanisms within the Earth’s atmosphere, and most importantly to describe the effects of these energy transfers. You should consider:
• any impact that oceans and ocean currents have, giving at least one example
• any physical effects that cause significant currents of air in the atmosphere
• any energy transfers arising from electromagnetic radiation

Thank you

I would think that they mean you should consider possible mechanisms through which energy is transferred throughout Earth's atmosphere :wink:

OK, seriously, think of how ocean currents help move, e.g. heat (a form of energy) around the globe and also consider the effects of "thermals" and other phenomena like hurricanes etc.

Hope that helps. :smile:
 


phyzmatix said:
I would think that they mean you should consider possible mechanisms through which energy is transferred throughout Earth's atmosphere :wink:

OK, seriously, think of how ocean currents help move, e.g. heat (a form of energy) around the globe and also consider the effects of "thermals" and other phenomena like hurricanes etc.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Thank Youu :)