1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Equation linking all fundamental constants

1. May 1, 2013 #1
    Folks,

I remember once seeing an equation that linked all the important fundamental constants - electron charge/alpha, gravitational constant, planks constant, speed of light, electron mass etc - in a dimensionless relationship. But for the life of me I cannot find it -google doesn't know everything yet. It may have the answer but it doesn't know how to get it to me.. Can anyone help?

Thanks

J.

2. jcsd
  3. May 1, 2013 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

4. May 1, 2013 #3
  5. May 1, 2013 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

6. May 1, 2013 #5
    Thanks guys, but those aren't quite what I'm looking for. I may be imagining it, it was a long time ago, but I vaguely remember from cosmology there was a relationship between the physical constants that was dimensionless. I've wikipedia'd and googled and not found it. Thanks for your help.

7. May 1, 2013 #6
    Probably wrong but I saw a video where he mentions the special constants and its a cosmology video might not have the equation your looking for as it seemed to be about converting the units however you might find it in one of his excellent videos.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook