Equation linking all fundamental constants

In summary, the conversation was about a missing equation that links fundamental constants in a dimensionless relationship. Several equations were suggested, but the person couldn't find the specific one they were looking for. They mentioned remembering it from a cosmology video, but haven't been able to find it through research.
FredJR
Folks,

I remember once seeing an equation that linked all the important fundamental constants - electron charge/alpha, gravitational constant, planks constant, speed of light, electron mass etc - in a dimensionless relationship. But for the life of me I cannot find it -google doesn't know everything yet. It may have the answer but it doesn't know how to get it to me.. Can anyone help?

Thanks

J.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks guys, but those aren't quite what I'm looking for. I may be imagining it, it was a long time ago, but I vaguely remember from cosmology there was a relationship between the physical constants that was dimensionless. I've wikipedia'd and googled and not found it. Thanks for your help.

Probably wrong but I saw a video where he mentions the special constants and its a cosmology video might not have the equation your looking for as it seemed to be about converting the units however you might find it in one of his excellent videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is the equation linking all fundamental constants?

The equation linking all fundamental constants is known as the "Theory of Everything" or the "Unified Field Theory." It is a theoretical framework that aims to unify all fundamental forces of nature (such as gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong and weak nuclear forces) into a single equation.

What are the fundamental constants included in this equation?

The fundamental constants included in the equation linking all fundamental constants vary depending on the specific theory or model being proposed. However, some of the most commonly included constants are the speed of light (c), Planck's constant (h), and the gravitational constant (G).

What is the purpose of this equation?

The purpose of the equation linking all fundamental constants is to provide a unified understanding of the laws of nature and the fundamental forces that govern the universe. It is also a crucial step towards a complete and comprehensive theory of everything.

How does this equation relate to previous theories and models?

The equation linking all fundamental constants is an attempt to build upon and unify previous theories and models, such as Einstein's theory of general relativity and the Standard Model of particle physics. It aims to combine these theories and provide a more complete understanding of the universe.

Is there any evidence to support the existence of this equation?

Currently, there is no concrete evidence to support the existence of the equation linking all fundamental constants. However, many scientists continue to work on developing and refining various theories and models in the hopes of eventually discovering this elusive equation.