Finding an Erasmus internship in computational physics or astrophysics in the Netherlands

  • Thread starter Thread starter Katerina
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Internship
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Katerina
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi everybody,
I need help. I am looking for and internship in Europe. I will be financially suported by erasmus.
I like Computational Physics, Astrophysics. Do you have something to reccommned me in Holland?
Any advice is helpful!
Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think your best bet is to scour the web looking for internships or summer programs in those areas. I would also poke around the school departments asking profs, looking at bulletin boards etc.

One thing to be aware of is that students usually do this search starting in January as doing it now may be too late.

An alternative would be to look for courses in these areas and to then contact the profs asking about opportunities. Of course you could take the too but I guess the scholarship wouldn’t apply?

While PF is a great resource, I don’t think we’ll be able to help in this matter.

Does the Erasmus scholarship have anyone you can talk to? Someone familiar with what other students have done in the past? Is there a discussion site where students share their experiences?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Katerina
Look at Anton Pannekoek Institute (astronomy/astrophysics), Nikhef (they have both computation and astroparticle research) and CWI (computational science, informatics, mathematics)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Katerina
Valeriia Lukashenko said:
Look at Anton Pannekoek Institute (astronomy/astrophysics), Nikhef (they have both computation and astroparticle research) and CWI (computational science, informatics, mathematics)
jedishrfu said:
I think your best bet is to scour the web looking for internships or summer programs in those areas. I would also poke around the school departments asking profs, looking at bulletin boards etc.

One thing to be aware of is that students usually do this search starting in January as doing it now may be too late.

An alternative would be to look for courses in these areas and to then contact the profs asking about opportunities. Of course you could take the too but I guess the scholarship wouldn’t apply?

While PF is a great resource, I don’t think we’ll be able to help in this matter.

Does the Erasmus scholarship have anyone you can talk to? Someone familiar with what other students have done in the past? Is there a discussion site where students share their experiences?
Thank you for your advice!
 
Valeriia Lukashenko said:
Look at Anton Pannekoek Institute (astronomy/astrophysics), Nikhef (they have both computation and astroparticle research) and CWI (computational science, informatics, mathematics)
Thank you, you helped me a lot!