Excitement Builds: SciFi Channel Premiere Tonight!

In summary, the Sci Fi channel has been airing a new series called Sliders. It is a series about a character who uses objects to find his lost daughter. It is interesting so far, but I am not a fan of scifi series. I liked Taken and The 4000, but I never got into The Sliders. I think those are the only ones I have watched. The Legacy was an original for the Sci Fi channel and I loved it. It was fun how they did in Quinn, Wade, and the Professor on Sliders. Poor Wade ended up as the master node for alien network of some kind. And what finally happened to Quinn? Didn't he merge with another Quinn or something? I don't quite recall how he died
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
on the SciFi channel. Is anyone else watching?

They have really been hyping this for some time...

Physics news on Phys.org
Is it a one off or are they going to have to keep discovering it each week?

It's a mini-series. It seems that he [the main character] will be searching for his lost daughter by using The Room. In the mean time we get to learn what various objects and combinations of objects do.

So far it looks interesting...maybe...

I liked Taken, but I never got into The 4400 [which I call "Brought Back". :biggrin:] I think those are the only Sci Fi series that I've watched.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
I liked Taken, but I never got into The 4000 [which I call "Brought Back". :biggrin:] I think those are the only Sci Fi series that I've watched.

Was Sliders on scifi, I did like that.

The first three seasons of Sliders were shown by the Fox Network. It was canceled after the first season, which was broadcast from March to May 1995, but was brought back for a second season from March to July 1996. A third season was broadcast from September 1996 to May 1997. The Sci Fi channel produced the fourth (June 1998 to April 1999) and fifth (from June 1999) seasons, but announced in July 1999 that Sliders had been canceled and that there would not be a sixth season. The last episode aired in February 2000.
wiki

I liked Sliders but always thought this was just being re-run on Sci Fi. I also like Quantum Leap, but I think that was a originally an NBC series.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Was Sliders on scifi, I did like that.
Sliders was great, The first two seasons of Lexx was good, The first season of Farscape.

Was Poltergheist The Legacy an original for Sci Fi Channel? I LOVED THAT SHOW.

It was fun how they did in Quinn, Wade, and the Professor on Sliders. Poor Wade ended up as the master node for alien network of some kind. And what finally happened to Quinn? Didn't he merge with another Quinn or something? I don't quite recall how he died; only the set-up.

Also, I thought The Lost Room was okay. They have set things up where it could be fun, but we will see if they can pull it off.

Related to Excitement Builds: SciFi Channel Premiere Tonight!

1. What is "Excitement Builds: SciFi Channel Premiere Tonight!" about?

"Excitement Builds: SciFi Channel Premiere Tonight!" is a television program that showcases the latest and most highly anticipated science fiction shows and movies premiering on the SciFi Channel. It provides sneak peeks, behind-the-scenes footage, and interviews with the creators and cast members of these shows and movies.

2. When does "Excitement Builds: SciFi Channel Premiere Tonight!" air?

"Excitement Builds: SciFi Channel Premiere Tonight!" airs on the SciFi Channel on the night of the channel's premieres for new science fiction content. It usually airs before or after the premiere of the featured show or movie.

3. Who hosts "Excitement Builds: SciFi Channel Premiere Tonight!"?

The show is hosted by a team of science fiction experts and enthusiasts who provide commentary and insights on the featured shows and movies. The hosts may vary depending on the episode, but they are all knowledgeable and passionate about the genre.

4. Can I watch "Excitement Builds: SciFi Channel Premiere Tonight!" online?

Yes, the show can be streamed online through the SciFi Channel's website or other streaming platforms. It may also be available for on-demand viewing on certain cable providers.

5. Is "Excitement Builds: SciFi Channel Premiere Tonight!" only about new shows and movies?

No, the show also features updates and news on existing and upcoming science fiction content, as well as discussions on popular and classic sci-fi shows and movies. It aims to cater to all science fiction fans, not just those interested in the latest releases.