Role of transistors as switches in burglar alarm circuits

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter phymathlover
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Transistors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
phymathlover
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
I don't understand what exactly a transistor does in a burglar alarm. I read somewhere that this is its application as a switch but isn't it the LDR which works like that in this particular circuit? It would be really helpful if someone could explain the working in detail, I can't seem to find any proper explanation on the net.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
there's probably a few individual transistors and a number of IC's that contain many transistors in any given alarm unit.
Your question is pretty meaningless till you give us more information to go on
Do you have a specific alarm unit?
do you have a circuit diagram for it so we can see what specific transistor(s) you are referring to ?

Transistors can be used ( amongst others things) as a basic switch

cheers
Dave
 
Last edited: