Exploring Big Ideas in Art, Philosophy, and Science: A Scientist's Perspective

• Thread starter ISTHISNAMEGONE
  • Start date
  • Tags
    new blood
In summary, exploring big ideas in art, philosophy, and science from a scientist's perspective involves examining the interconnectedness of these disciplines and recognizing the role of creativity and critical thinking in advancing our understanding of the world. By embracing curiosity and open-mindedness, scientists can approach complex problems with a fresh perspective and collaborate with artists and philosophers to challenge traditional ways of thinking and push the boundaries of knowledge. Through this interdisciplinary approach, we can gain a deeper understanding of the human experience and make meaningful contributions to society.
ISTHISNAMEGONE
Hello,

I am new to the forum, i often have big thoughts (or at least thoughts that seem big to me). These sometimes revolve around art sometimes philosophy and sometimes science.

These range from DesCartes thinking patterns, to considering Euler and his massive mind along with Ramanujan. I also like to take others ideas and try to build on them so enjoy the works of Einstein, Tesla and Hawking.

I find I hold these thoughts inside and recently have decided that sharing some of these "big" thoughts might be beneficial not only to me but perhaps others.

I have my initial degree in electronic engineering (Meng) and am currently studying the more vocational Broadcast engineering (Msc) but feel like it may not be enough of an outlet for me, which is part of the reason I am here.

I also love computers and coding and do consider myself quite good at getting things working (perhaps even though the code doesn't look nice). I have many questions about AI as well but that is for a different thread.

I like to think I am approachable so if any of you have any big ideas you think I might like about then please let me know!

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. We don't discuss philosophy here (we tried for a while, but it didn't work out very well), but science and AI and coding are all great subjects for the PF. Enjoy! :smile:

Likes ISTHISNAMEGONE
Thanks! Can't wait to begin!

(edited due to question asked)

Likes berkeman