Learning about quantum logic gates and single electrons

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dream Master JP
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 722 views
Dream Master JP
To all you good sirs,
First an apology. I stumbled upon this forum because of google, thinking I could get a pseudo-serious answer to a science-fiction idea (and hours later realized I needed to read more about General Relativity).

I'm a Computer Engineer/Videogame programmer by trade, so my take on science is that it should be useful, fun and a fulfilling endeavor. I was raised in a time in which a science, by definition, requires at least one law (yes I'm throwing all the social sciences, psychology and history too, under the bus). I feel that since Biology depends on Chemistry, and that in turn depends on Physics, that all things can be rigorously connected back to the laws of Physics, analogous to how all the wonders of electronic computing can devolve back to a series of ones and zeroes on a blackboard Turing Machine. It's all just abstraction built on ever growing complexity.

I'm trying to understand Quantum logic gates, the dominion of single electrons, so I hope these forums prove to be a useful reference soon :)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Dream Master JP said:
I'm trying to understand Quantum logic gates, the dominion of single electrons, so I hope these forums prove to be a useful reference soon :)

Questions and answers in these forums is not a good strategy to learn quantum mechanics (or any other serious subject.)

You might post a question on the Academic Guidance forum asking for a good way to learn the topics you need.