Retired banker returning to math and science

  • Thread starter Thread starter Statsman
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Statsman
I started university in physics and math, but moved to mathematical economics when I got interested in business. I worked for 35 years in banking, auditing, accounting and corporate finance until being volunteered to retire early. Along the way, I completed a graduate certificate in applied statistics and data analysis. I am comfortable programming in VBA, R and VB. I may learn C# when I have time.

Now that I am retired, I can spend time investing and studying math and science. My math interests include number theory (prime numbers), operations research, applied statistics, computer programming, and applied math in general. My science interests include astronomy, orbital mechanics, fluid dynamics, physics and general chemistry. Basically a jack of all trades and a master of none.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and StatGuy2000
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Statsman, from a fellow Torontonian, and from someone with a similar handle, and related or similar profession (I'm currently working as a statistician).