NZ-based electronics engineer interested in math history and ancient languages

  • Thread starter Thread starter Graham P
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 832 views
Graham P
Hi everyone.
I'm living in NZ so my time zone is the reverse of most evebody. My background is electronics and IT with Bachelors in both. I'd like to improve my maths. Also I'm very keen on studying history especially the history of maths development: I've read James Nickel's seminal "Mathematics, is God silent" and have looked into the Indian algebraic methods without much success. I also read history in koine greek, portugeuse and in translation, enjoying Josephus in the original and bishop Ussher's works. The Babylonian maths tablets recently discovered, area topic of interest too, with their teaching focus.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Welcome to PF Graham! What kind of motorcycle is that?
Aha, a Honda 400 V4 that was bored out to 440 or so, normally aspirated. It has bits of other bikes, as any aficionado will immediately see.
I'll see if I can recall the model.
 
VFR 400 F I think, sold only in Japan for racing homologation during the time of severely restricted CC ratings due to petrol prices. Imported second hand into NZ. I used it on track days in Taupo at the International circuit a few years back. Excellent bike, I only took it to 13,000 rpm. It hummed at 11.