Famous quote about all knowledge being part of cosmology

  • Thread starter Thread starter marryrene
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cosmology
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
marryrene
Once I read a famous quote from a science book, but I do remember the name of the book, neither the name of the speaker.
The general idea of the famous quote is that,
"All the knowledge we have are in principle some parts of cosmology."
It implies that since all the phenomena we see are parts of universe, all the knowledge on the phenomena are also in principle parts of cosmology.

So, I wonder if any people ever read about this quote? Could anyone tell me about the name of the book, or the name of the speaker? It will be very helpful to me!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not familiar with the quote but it seems like a wickedly long stretch. Yes, humans are made from stardust but human behavior does not seem to me to be in the domain of cosmology.