Favorite Prince songs and performances

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 3K views
Physics news on Phys.org
OMG RIP :sorry:

​
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: vela, Astronuc, gjonesy and 1 other person
I've just woken up, opened Firefox on the desktop and saw on yahoo.co.nz "BREAKING: Music megastar Prince dies, aged 57". I'm like 'what is going on?!'
 
Yeah it is very sad, I got to see him in concert once and even worked security at one of his after parties and met him in person in Greensboro NC back in the 90's.

Music has taken a beating this year as far as loss goes.
 
Doves are crying. And for licensing reasons you cannot even link to his videos nor to his music.
 
WWGD said:
Doves are crying. And for licensing reasons you cannot even link to his videos nor to his music.

I'll link to this:


I'll also add this:
little_red_corvette.png


That's my little red Corvette.
In requiem: Baby, you died much too fast.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
Ouch. This one really hurts.

Just last night I was out on a training walk/hike listening to music. The song playing on my favorite part of the trail: Kiss, by Prince. I thought I was alone out there and I was singing it out loud, and got caught by a couple of women who came around the corner unexpectedly :redface:

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
I just want your extra time and your
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
kiss
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: StatGuy2000, gjonesy and OmCheeto
WWGD said:
Doves are crying. And for licensing reasons you cannot even link to his videos nor to his music.
For 32.8 cents a day, you can listen to all of his albums: Tidal

Why You Can’t Listen to Prince’s Music...
...
Prince’s backing of Tidal was deliberate. For all the flak the service has gotten from potential subscribers, he supported its pledge to pay artists for their content. On the day of his death, it’s the only subscription streaming service on which fans can listen to his music.

I think I'll sign up. I've been listening to the feed from the Minnesota NPR station all day. So far, I've not had the desire to push the "skip" button.
I've only ever owned one of his albums, Purple Rain, and would probably enjoy listening to all of his albums.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
lisab said:
Ouch. This one really hurts.

Just last night I was out on a training walk/hike listening to music. The song playing on my favorite part of the trail: Kiss, by Prince. I thought I was alone out there and I was singing it out loud, and got caught by a couple of women who came around the corner unexpectedly :redface:

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
I just want your extra time and your
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
kiss

Someone posted that to Youtube today.
Watch quick!


Kiss​
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DevilsAvocado
OmCheeto said:
Someone posted that to Youtube today.
Watch quick!


Kiss​

If it goes away... here's a fairly decent backup:


Wait for the passenger freestyle!
​
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto
I was 14 years old and my sister bough me and my brother tickets to see Prince in concert at the Greensboro Coliseum in 1984. I owned 1999 and the Purple rain album. And in 1998 I meet him and was posted as guard over his tour bus, I was somewhat disappointed that I didn't get to actually do security inside the nightclub hosting the after party. But one of my best friends and Captains got to be his personal body guard. He had rented the entire top floor of the club for the party and even opened the bottom part of the club to the public. I never realized how short he was till I was standing a few feet from him. Any way during the after party he threw roses to the crowd below, signed autographs and had security hand them out at the bottom of the staircase.

He was a class act and fan friendly performer.
 
lisab said:
Ouch. This one really hurts.

Just last night I was out on a training walk/hike listening to music. The song playing on my favorite part of the trail: Kiss, by Prince. I thought I was alone out there and I was singing it out loud, and got caught by a couple of women who came around the corner unexpectedly :redface:

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
I just want your extra time and your
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
kiss
It happens.

200_s.gif


 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto