Final vote: best photo of a reflection

FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection

  • Chi Meson

    Votes: 14 38.9%
  • larkspur

    Votes: 13 36.1%
  • fi

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • shramana

    Votes: 3 8.3%

  • Total voters
    36
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 4K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Messages
32,819
Reaction score
4,724
This promises to be a very difficult final vote since all the pictures that made it this far are outstanding.

Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme, which is a reflection of an image.

1. Chi Meson
Tetons.jpg


2. larkspur
2203883216_e8fba93e95_o.jpg


3. fi
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1005/p7120080ap2.jpg

4. shramana
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/517/ajmanandcorniche012dq7.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=209743"

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Fi's and Shramana's look so similar, in a way, don't they? They could be part of the same exhibition.
 
I love mountains, and I also love cityscapes... How to decide between Chi and shramana?

EDIT: On second thought...(or is it third thought?)... I think I'm going to go with larkspur. While I do love the pictures from Chi and Shramana, I think larkspur's has the best and most aesthetic reflection.
 
Last edited:
Chi Meson said:
Fi's and Shramana's look so similar, in a way, don't they? They could be part of the same exhibition.

It might have been a little more interesting for these photos to be presented rotated by 180 degrees.
 
when I think about a moment of reflection (contemplation, as the idea of reflection), the place where fi's photo was taken is where I would want to be sitting
 
Chi Meson said:
Fi's and Shramana's look so similar, in a way, don't they? They could be part of the same exhibition.

I'm flattered, though I don't think Fi would be :wink:
 
Chi Meson, I've been meaning to ask, do you live in the Southwest, more specifically New Mexico. And as of the photo, is that Blanca peak?
 
binzing said:
Chi Meson, I've been meaning to ask, do you live in the Southwest, more specifically New Mexico. And as of the photo, is that Blanca peak?

Currently, I live in the Northeast (that's New Hampshire in my Avitar: Mt. Cardigan). It's the Tetons in the photo, taken in 1990; I was atop the summit the day before. Through the 80s and 90s I traveled a lot, climbing everything except society.
 
OK, thanks. I didn't think that it was Blanca peak (one of Colorado's 14ers) but it did look similar in that it just pops up outta the surrounding plain.
 
rewebster said:
when I think about a moment of reflection (contemplation, as the idea of reflection), the place where fi's photo was taken is where I would want to be sitting
Thanks very much, it was a lovely place to be

shramana said:
I'm flattered, though I don't think Fi would be :wink:
Of course I am flattered! I actually prefer your reflection, broken up a little.
 
robphy said:
It might have been a little more interesting for these photos to be presented rotated by 180 degrees.

That's "upside down" for the biologists among us! :biggrin:
 
Chi Meson said:
Currently, I live in the Northeast (that's New Hampshire in my Avitar: Mt. Cardigan). It's the Tetons in the photo, taken in 1990; I was atop the summit the day before. Through the 80s and 90s I traveled a lot, climbing everything except society.


It sure shows how close the flatlands are in front with the peaks near and behind
 
Last edited:
Wait a second!

Whoa! Chi Meson's is the best! I didn't notice what it was until like 30 minutes after I voted!
 
I seem to keep missing these recently. My vote went to larkspur. Very nice :smile:
 
Chi Meson said:
That's "upside down" for the biologists among us! :biggrin:

I know what it means, thanks! There goes your vote, buster!

Well, um...:rolleyes: actually, I am voting for you, just because you didn't do a "cliche" reflection like the others did. All were very pretty and well-executed though.